1969T on carsales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1969T on carsales

Is this the new base line or would you say $30k due to the money to get it back a good original car?

Find Cheap and Discounted New and Used Cars, Vans & Utes available in Duncraig 6023, WA. Buy and sell almost anything on Gumtree classifieds.

Just imagine the rattles in that thing. Not a single original panel.

Comment

For many who just want a 911 and cannot afford the 70k ( + -) buy in which appears to be a price point that gives you equivalent albeit more original tidy cars, then around this number may be the buy in for a pre 74 vin. There'll always be the exception for those who know where the skeletons lie. Maybe just appreciate it for what it might be? An ok 'g' series 911.
      Last edited by Michel; 04-05-16, 08:03 AM.

Comment

I still don't understand how the two LHD '69 cars advertised (and therefore get for a little less I'd think) didn't sell at $79K each...

My take if you do it upper end.. and there are still unders/overs

Assumptions
        Finished car will be RHD, correct colour, non-matching numbers
        New Porsche supplied parts used for panelling where possible
        Keep engine and gearbox
        Second hand parts for other items where available
        Sale and organisation of IB parts owners responsibilty
        No account of interior fitup costs
        Roof lining/glass/instruments etc OK
        2 years to end product

Panels / Rubbers
        2 x front guards new 5,000.00
        2 x rear quarters new 5,000.00
        1 x front bonnet new 3,500.00
        1 x rear decklid new 800.00
        5 x 6" fuchs/hearts and tyres 6,000.00
        Screen rubbers 600.00
        Other sundry rubbers 1,000.00
        Front and rear bars / bumperettes 3,000.00
        Slam panel and battery boxes 1,500.00
        Licence plate panel 1,000.00
        2 x used galvanised and intrusion bar doors 800.00

Labour to dissasemble/supply/fit/paint/refit
        Say inc. sundry rust repairs etc. 35,000.00
        Sundry nuts/bolts/transport 1,000.00

Interior
        2 x repop seats 2,500.00
        2 x doorcards & hardware 400.00
        2 x used doorpockets & hardwware 400.00
        1 x steering wheel 250.00
        2 x used window regulators/winders etc 500.00
        2 x recover or correct used rear seats 400.00
        1 x interior carpet/boot area 2,000.00

Exterior
        1 x side mirror 250.00
        1 x correct bonnet badge 350.00
        1 x repop decklid scripts etc 150.00

Subtotal 71,400.00
        And
        Engine top-end freshen/cosmetics only 10,000.00
        Gearbox freshen only 4,000.00
        Suspension bushes /rotors / brake lines etc refresh 1,000.00

Less
        Sale of IB items - say -8,000.00

Grand Total 78,400.00
        Last edited by JulianG; 04-05-16, 03:47 PM. Reason: Spelling / clarification

Comment

Well it is really black and white then isn't it Julian.
          Well said mate.

Comment

Jim,

I think whether it's value depends entirely on your view of what a '69T or any T, or E or S is worth for that matter ... So to continue that we have a baseline to me... '69T matching numbers, LHD, apparently/allegedly with the body work done x 2, unsold.... at $79K.

So, to me, even if you add 20% for RHD, then say, $95K, and they are say, driver 2-/3 condition..... add another 30% for the resto mentioned above and they are say, in round numbers a $125K car.

So, let's say an E is worth 30% more, say, $165K, and an S 30% more than that, so $215K in round numbers ....

Note ... this analysis doesn't do me any good given the $ I've thrown at a T .. .

But given that to me (I'm a bean counter), take of the cost of restoration from this value of a finished car, plus $15-25K as well because I'm stuffing around with it to get he work done, and you come to the market value of buying a car ... +/- for special T/E/S bits, adjust for documented proof of body/engine/gearbox rebuilds.

The anomaly here is a few publicly advertised sales .... IF the white T at Duttons is matching numbers I can see someone paying say, the $130K for it given it's provenance .... the underlying factor to me is that people see (and maybe rightly) long time value in these things.... watch-out though once we get old everybody will be into Nissan GTR 32's ....

There are examples at way over these numbers .... most if not all unsold and languishing on Carsales or at Dealers ... I'm not raining on any-ones parade but let's get on with liking/loving the cars .... they aren't houses in the housing boom ....

Comment

I had an R32 GTR around 2000. STUPENDOUSLY good cars. The 100 Oz delivered cars already collectible due to rarity.

Comment

You are right Julian. There is a lot of money to re-instate that car and also a lot of imagination. The LHD/RHD thing is a funny one is Australia. Makes no difference in the UK anymore. Maybe drivers here have never tried?

Makes you wonder how much is involved in the listed car for the total costs of making it like it is and the costs of re-instatement? I suspect that who ever buys it will leave it as it is.

Comment

Or this one for $120k

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X