Wtb 914

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wtb 914

Looking for a 914 roller/shell to do a 914-6 (maybe GT) build on one day. Let me know if anyone has a lead on one of these.

Very nice ones come up weekly on Samba, and since they were only ever made LHD it gives you a good range of choices, and they are generally cheap.

for example 1972 Porsche 914 1.7 (Quick walk around and drive). FOR SALE - YouTube
    Last edited by 9er; 15-07-22, 11:11 AM.

Comment

There are also some converted RHDs around in Aus, including my 914/6GT project.

The prices for 914s have continued to rise, the only one on Carsales at the moment is $79k. You can only ask and the market will determine the value though...
      Craig Sedgman
      914/6 GT Clone Project
      996 C2.1

Comment

I have a nice original LHD 914. I have ended up with a spare 911 engine and toying with the idea or building a 914-6 of some sort. A RHD converted car would be my preferred starting point. Or yes could bring a cheap car out from US - but that is becoming an expensive process now.

Comment

I don't think there is such a thing as a cheap process nowadays unfortunately when it comes to pretty much all car restos and builds.

I started with a RHD 914 driver that was in overall great condition, I actually drove it home from Amirdale NSW to Melbourne. The parts from OS are the biggest cost, plus the work required. The prices were large when I started my build 4 years ago, let alone what it would be worth to do today.
          Craig Sedgman
          914/6 GT Clone Project
          996 C2.1

Comment

Whooohoo wrong thread, sorry
            Last edited by mrar; 23-07-22, 03:50 PM.
            Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Need something like this to really feel the speed:

Comment

PM sent
                Craig Sedgman
                914/6 GT Clone Project
                996 C2.1

Comment

Originally posted by CS911E View Post
                  PM sent
                  Sent you an email.