Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Splitty soon for sale advice sought

Folks,

A great old friend recently lost her husband at a very young age and is now in the process of liquidating some of his toys. She already sold a splitty at a ridiculously low price and I recommended that she let me ask you all for advice.

The old bird (the car) will be outside my establishment Miss Molly's when some of you arrive for breakfast prior to the 356 gig.

Come down for a look and give her some advice or make an offer!
    Sal
    Attached Files

Another pic

Inside
    Attached Files

Comment

Inside again

Inside again
      Attached Files

Comment

Gorgeous!

Sorry for your friend's loss. Sounds like there's a few guys on here that could offer a good and relatively unbiased opinion.

I've actually thought about this stuff a little, my mum's pending demise and the lifetime of "stuff" she's accumulated has highlighted that a bad time can be compounded!

'Under my house' (linked to Clyde's 'Roof' through a worm hole anomaly) is quite a treasure-trove of of "stuff" that to the untrained eye might be considered "junk". I explained this to my wife recently when she was demanding a clean up down stairs and I got a resounding "Pfft!" in response. So I made a list...

Conservatively there is $15-$20k of bits! I itemised the stuff and put a rough estimate based on ebay/gumtree/forum prices and deducted 20% for the bullsh!t factor and to ensure a quick sale. My wife was surprised to say the least, but not as surprised as I! I've given the list to a close Porsche friend I trust just in case I get hit by a bus, and given the wife instructions to just let him deal with it.

Best wishes to your friend on moving the Old Bird to a new custodian. And is that an air conditioner up the front?
        John Forcier
        1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
        1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
        Restoration Saga
        1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Not an aircon John Fresh air enters at the front just under the roof peak and gets directed from that box either rearwards or side ways. Very high tech!

Looks like a decent 13 window deluxe. The fact that its a leftie impacts value a little but provided it is sound I'd suggest around $30-$35K....Mikki would have a better idea on value
          Cam Arnott
          Looking for engine #6208151
          1970 911E (Sold)
          '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
          2 x Split Screen Kombis
          TYP 901 Register # 78
          Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcop View Post
            Sorry for your friend's loss. Sounds like there's a few guys on here that could offer a good and relatively unbiased opinion.
            +1

I've actually thought about this stuff a little, my mum's pending demise and the lifetime of "stuff" she's accumulated has highlighted that a bad time can be compounded!
            I'm there already... about 60 cubic metres has already gone via skips...
            Richard Griffiths
            1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Arnott View Post
              Not an aircon John Fresh air enters at the front just under the roof peak and gets directed from that box either rearwards or side ways. Very high tech!

Looks like a decent 13 window deluxe. The fact that its a leftie impacts value a little but provided it is sound I'd suggest around $30-$35K....Mikki would have a better idea on value
              I thought it might have been some clever little adaptation that you added a block of dry ice to on long trips or some such very German thing. Interesting the LHD thing effects VW prices also - I thought we were past such prejudices

Rich, sorry to hear you're in a similar position.
              John Forcier
              1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
              1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
              Restoration Saga
              1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Rich, sorry to hear you're in a similar position.

that's life i guess.

no list for us either... but we did find a stash of scrap silver!!
                Richard Griffiths
                1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Was it in the shape of old Spirits of Ecstasy ?

Melting down that silver would be a good move.....
                  sigpicPhil Lack
                  TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                  Early 911-S Registry # 690
                  R-Gruppe # 367
                  '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                  '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                  2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                  1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
                    Was it in the shape of old Spirits of Ecstasy ?

Melting down that silver would be a good move.....

i think i'd prefer the splitty which started this thread!!
                    Richard Griffiths
                    1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Thanks Mr. Cop,

Yeah, I bet your mum has some unbelievably fab memorabilia and treasures. Just from that photo, I love her, She certainly seems like a super cool lady. Love your wormhole to Clyde - Your garages are surely every boys dream!

I lost my dad 3 years ago and came back to Romsey to clean up after 9 years in Singapore only to discover that every old thing of mine and my brothers that he was supposedly assisting us take to the tip, ended in his barn - some junk, some valuable. I just sold two Norton Commandos and a Massey Ferguson. Kept some cameras (very old Hasselblads, Yachicas), some lovely reel to reel tape decks and some Rotel valve amps.

Rich, Phil, my widowed friends husband (a yank living in Melbourne) left a lot of toys. Apparently a bunch of old cars which I will share here when I see what they are. He also left this!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X