Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

74 Project car

Time for a clear out...

Bought this for gravel rally car project but then bought 70S and have lead on another car, missus won't bear 3 Porsches (barely copes with 2!) so out it goes, offered first here

LHD, I'm told it has 200+hp 2.7 and LSD but can't guarantee either, never had running

complete car in pieces, IMHO body a good base

roller with motor and box and steering so can be moved around, loaded on trailer or truck etc
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bremith; 19-05-15, 07:48 PM. Reason: Price change

And engine when out of car before I bought it

If there's no interest here I'll get motor running and ebay etc
    Attached Files

Comment

Very comprehensive photos Mitchell, excellent information for prospective buyer.
      Some very valuable and sought after parts in the package, should be able to confirm LSD by rotating one of the output shafts?
      Last edited by 9er; 29-03-15, 09:01 AM.

Comment

It's got tin worm in the usual places, I thought that a 74 would have faired better, considering the galvanizing applied.

Great looking project.

Comment

Chris: I understand is a Torsen type not plate so doesn't respond to usual "turn one wheel and see if the other goes in the same direction" - I'm told really the only way is to have a look in transaxle.

Tony: tin worm means different things to different people and their purpose - I bought as I felt structurally sound for rally car with some issues that I could address without too much trouble. Totally stripped back and in primer only, no filler so WYSIWYG

Comment

Have had a number of enquiries about selling individual items shown in pics, at this stage looking to sell as a job lot if I can get something reasonable

Comment

A 74 chassis is going to have similar issues to the F series - they'd only just started galvanising the floor AFAIK. But everything is available to fix and you can learn to weld

But it appears to be a great base for a hotrod... Wish I had some spare room! GLWS
              John Forcier
              1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
              1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
              Restoration Saga
              1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

I wasn't having a dig, I do hope I havn't offended anyone?

I thought 74 was fully galvanized, so I was supprised to see the usual areas that affect the earlier cars.

I had to do a hell of a lot more work on my car......it's all doable, and one hell of a price........I need a bigger garage

Comment

No offence taken here. All depends on what someone wants to build, I agree good hotrod base.

Full galv from 76 as I understand, altho I have read that it's not until 87 that really proper rustproofing came in to play.

Comment

Mitchell's shed is big enough for several project cars. Maybe the work could be done there?

Comment

Less than 5 minutes drive from my house. Very tempting!

Comment

For you sir - free delivery

Comment

Withdrawn from sale

Comment

Somebody just saw the prices that yellow G-series cars can fetch!

Comment

No Scotty - just getting a bit closer (hopefully) to snagging a 'barn find' (deceased estate) RHD 73 IB with sporto and SC so going to sit on 2.7 and 915 until I know for sure so my options are open.

Comment

Working...
                              X