• Show
Clear All

1969 T Targa on Trademe

WIDE body targa

Craig
    12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
    1972 2.4E Targa project
    1973 911 2.4E for the road

The lowering can be fixed easy enough, have to find a rear engine lid too but the rear guards present a problem if they are welded on turbo flares.

Car looks way too low for my liking.

Lets see what he gets for it in the auction.
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

It looks as if the car has been withdrawn. Interestingly while there are comments on the listing about it cannot be NZ delivered and RHD and must be LHD as it is pre 73 etc
      However I have it, and two other 1970 targas, on the hamilton order list for 1970 model year cars. I have never known if these were evaluation or motor show cars here for a short time or not. Now it seems that this one at least is "Australian " ordered / delivered BUT is an early targa. Obviously it was used overseas for a year or so ( was a maybe September / October 69 build as the number is so low) and registered first in NZ in dec 1970 thus probably qualified for half duty that cars here and NZ has if owned for more than a year overseas

So yet another case of "there are always exceptions to the rule" with these things. I am now wondering about the other two 1970 targas ordered from here
      Last edited by Terminator; 11-06-15, 02:49 PM.
      Hugh Hodges
      1973 E
      Australian TYP 901 Register #005
      Early 911S Register #776

Comment

More close up photos would help. Need $10 - $15k to reverse the lowering, flaring and whale tail.
        Paul

Targa 2.4E Signal Yellow

Comment

There are some good buys around with newer cars.

There is a 1977 Turbo near me at the Sunshine Coast, as part of an estate, with 80K that I can see tomorrow possibly. Another deceased estate potential sale here also: I was shown photos on Saturday of a 1985 Carrera 3.2, one owner with full books and unmarked on the body and interior. Lovely condition. The widow has been offered $30K, but felt that was a little low ...

Comment

Merv - I know of someone looking for a good early Turbo if its any good…..
            Cam Arnott
            Looking for engine #6208151
            1970 911E (Sold)
            '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
            2 x Split Screen Kombis
            TYP 901 Register # 78
            Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

I have had a lot of PMs on these and answered them, but the 77 Turbo seems to have a deposit on it and is subject to inspection tomorrow. I am in Sydney tomorrow. Will see if I can get photos however. I spoke to the owner of the 3.2 Carrera this afternoon and she is sending me photos over the weekend. I will get to see it. I am trying to help her get a reasonable price. It is not advertised. Has only done 3,000kms in the last 8 years but well serviced throughout, I am told. Burgundy Red.

Comment

Hi Merv
                Could be interested in option on Carrera if it is Australian delivered and straight. Let me know and I will fly up if you are not a buyer.
                Neville

Comment

I will know more over the weekend Neville. Of to the airport now ...

Comment

Nice work on the 3.2 Carrera Merv. Would of been an easy flip but that is hard to do morally isn't it.

Comment

It is tempting Jim now that I have some photos, but no. Will post more when I have the VIN plate details as well.

Comment

Continuing the longest thread steal . Will start new one.

Seeing the car tomorrow after Cars and Coffee. The lady owner is keen to sell, I would suggest to her, at the right price. It is an 86 original RHD, imported from Japan, two owner with great originality, service history files and little use in recent years. She is not keen on Car Sales.com, however. Will send details to those who have expressed interest tomorrow, including VIN. If I had more room I would buy it. I like burgundy cars ... I hate being middle man.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Merv; 13-06-15, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Hi merv, very interested in 3.2, happy to chat if you have time 0418317232 cheers steve

Comment

Send me your email Steve. I have details now.

Comment

I have sent out emails to all those who expressed interest.

I spent some time with the car today and if I had the garage space I would buy it.

It starts instantly and runs smoothly and quietly. No oil leaks evident and paint is original and excellent with about 3 tiny stone chips on the front only and one in front of the driver's side mirror. Driver's seat leather has one central seam split but easily repairable. Front carpets are a bit brittle underneath and another cheap fix. Has the 'Cup'-type wheels but the original Fuchs come with it as well. Was a UK car delivered to HK and imported by these owners about 8-9 years ago. Only non-original thing is the CD player and wheels. Has front and rear ​fog​ lights. All electric windows work well and there is the original manual and log book with the car and it has been serviced regularly here at the Sunshine Coast by Blitz auto (they do lots of Porsches and have a good reputation). Brakes were also re-built recently and tyres are as new. AC is fitted​,​ but like 90% of th​ese,​ needs repair or re-gassing. ​H​as had little use in the last 8 years and has never ever (she insists) been in the rain. No rust that I could find anywhere and also has been professionally rust ​cavity ​treated in the last 3 years here. Shocks seem good but needs new bonnet gas struts (about $40 a pair).

Fastidious owner. Price wise it loses a bit not being Australian delivered but is original UK-Spec RHD and its excellent originality and condition are key.

I assume by now those interested are phoning!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X