WTB - Porsche 964

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB - Porsche 964

As the title says, I'm after a Porsche 964 as a 901 just isn't right as a daily driver these days. Must be a coupe and manual, I don't have a preference for 2WD or 4WD. I'll be a little flexible with colour, but the interior can't be too 1990's!

They seem pretty thin on the ground, so any leads via PM would be much appreciated.

Cam

Good luck with the search Cam. I have been following the 964 market for a few years, and recently they have all vanished. A C2 will be hard to find, maybe a C4, which would be my pick. They have trick active diffs if you know how to get them to work. Based on the 959. There was a few 30 year wide body specials for sale a while ago, but I am sure they have now found their way into collections. I looked at some 964's before I bought my 901. Good cars!

Comment

A few years ago you couldn't give a 964 away . . . then suddenly everyone woke up to what great cars they were. As you say Lyndon, they have all vanished now.

Comment

I believe the last 964 very recently disappeared off carsales.
        Doug
        IG: @porschepicto

Comment

Yep the last 964 is now off carsales. Price moved around a bit on that one. I wasn't a fan of the tan interior with the red piping. The blue auto with the linen colour interior disappeared the other week as well. I am prepared to wait for the right car.

There's been a few on carsales in the last six months that lasted a matter of hours on there, hence would appreciate any leads for cars off market.

Cam

Comment

Hi Cam,

Are you a member of Porsche Forums Australia?

They seem to cater for the later cars and you might have some luck placing a WTB add there.

Cheers,

Harry.

Comment

Hi Cam, don't know the story, but a 1990 C4 has been sitting on the Porsche Club Queensland site at $46,500 since Feb 2013. Might be worth a look at that price.

Paul M

Comment

bought one about 12 months ago (after pretty much giving up on a 901) and can vouch for their comfort as a daily driver. (although don't actually drive it every day) heating and air con works perfectly. my first love on the left. have attempted to upload some pics.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PCM911T View Post
                  Hi Cam, don't know the story, but a 1990 C4 has been sitting on the Porsche Club Queensland site at $46,500 since Feb 2013. Might be worth a look at that price.

Paul M
                  Thank Paul, that's the red one. Very cheap and it was on carsales for ages as well. It doesn't look like its listed on the pcq website anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by nickjames View Post
                    bought one about 12 months ago (after pretty much giving up on a 901) and can vouch for their comfort as a daily driver. (although don't actually drive it every day) heating and air con works perfectly. my first love on the left. have attempted to upload some pics.
                    Nick, you have too many Porsches and I think you need to sell the 964

Comment

There's just the one 964 available on carsales right now. But you need to be a hairdresser... http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...2196899/?Cr=76
                      John Forcier
                      1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                      1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                      Restoration Saga
                      1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Hairdresser

Originally posted by Fishcop View Post
                        There's just the one 964 available on carsales right now. But you need to be a hairdresser... http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...2196899/?Cr=76
                        :p:p:p
                        Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcop View Post

It really was a sign of the times, wasn't it - lots of convertibles sold, less coupes. I'd be interested to know stats on how many coupes and how many convertibles were delivered to Australia in the 964 model run if anyone has them?? Gut feel tells me convertibles became even more prevalent with the 993 model.

Comment

A lot of chat on the Pfa in recent weeks/months on how hard/impossible it is now to get a coupe manual 964. Actually, change that to any air cooled coupe manual.

Comment

Originally posted by Nevada51 View Post
                              It really was a sign of the times, wasn't it - lots of convertibles sold, less coupes. I'd be interested to know stats on how many coupes and how many convertibles were delivered to Australia in the 964 model run if anyone has them?? Gut feel tells me convertibles became even more prevalent with the 993 model.

the stats are here on the site http://www.typ901.org/local_links.php?catid=1&linkid=36

cabs dont quite outnumber the coupes but there were lots of them (in a relative sense). however with the 996's cabs did outnumber coupes in 1999 and 2000 by the look of it
                              Hugh Hodges
                              1973 E
                              Australian TYP 901 Register #005
                              Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Working...
                              X