230SL pagoda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

230SL pagoda

1965 Mercedes 230 SL Automatic. Australian delivered RHD. 50.000 original miles. Second paint job 10 years ago and presents very well. Mechanically excellent. Everything works including the aircon. Pulls very well but the transmission can be a little clunky by todays standards. Owned by a mechanic for the last 25 years and has been over serviced .
    I know there are a few Pagoda enthusiast's on the forum so seeking advice to its value??
    Mick

Hi Mike,
    Pagodas are in an odd place at there moment as they were the pin-up cars for people who are now in their 60's. Values are still holding pretty well, especially in the UK, but are hugely condition dependent. The build quality is superb but they can rust and restoration costs can be huge, especially with early RHD cars which were mainly hand assembled.
    Tranmission clunkiness is nothing to worry about as that is almost always an adjustment issue. Transmissions are near bullet proof.

Assuming the hard top is corrosion free, and the soft and interior is good, I would guess you would be looking around $70,000 to $90,000. Prices are colour sensitive as well.
    Can you share any pictures?

Comment

[ATTACH]16690[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16691[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16692[/ATTACH]
      Mick

Comment

Thanks Jeff.
        Mick

Comment

Air cond wasn't factory in these delivered here.....they were a dealer fit option in the U.S. though- we had one fitted at muchos expensos recently to ours.

The tranny's are clunky, that's how they are but can be adjusted. A desirable thing- let me know if you don't go ahead please.

Comment

Originally posted by 1st View Post
            Air cond wasn't factory in these delivered here.....they were a dealer fit option in the U.S. though- we had one fitted at muchos expensos recently to ours.

The tranny's are clunky, that's how they are but can be adjusted. A desirable thing- let me know if you don't go ahead please.
            Shall do.
            Mick

Comment

Looks seriously nice. Great find.
              Good luck and I hope you can acquire it.

Comment

Nice car. As Jeff says the trannies are simple and strong but can be jerky under acceleration or deceleration. Normal. Costly body wise and mechanically but lovely cars. The 250 was arguably the best motor they say. My 280 was a 4 speed manual. And sold for 55k in 2000. Prices here haven't hit the heights of those in Europe.

Comment

This one is going cheap

Comment

Hi there good luck with the purchase, as I understand it the pecking order in desirability is 280 then 250 then 230

California's ie no soft top, but back seat instead are less desirable

If you want a great website on pagodas go to
                    " Motoringinvestments" great info on originality pictures of restorations it's a great resource will tell you everything about sorting whether it's genuine car and you can see values in usa.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                    X