Does anyone have...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have...

Does anyone have a CIS (mid 70's) sporto oil pump they don't need anymore? As well as the missing control valve, it seems that the pump from my temporary 2.7 is also MIA.

The part number may be 905.107.101.3R. Any condition....

The one from my '72 will not fit without making up an adapter plate to bypass the now superfluous MFI drive gear and housing.
    Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Bill I've got a spare 3spd Sporto. I'll have a look at the numbers tonight or tomorrow. Cheers Michel

Comment

Can you post a pic of what your after. If I've got it you are welcome to it

Comment

Originally posted by Michel View Post
        Can you post a pic of what your after. If I've got it you are welcome to it
        Thanks Michel.

Fingers crossed.....

This should be the one I need. (I don't have it so it's hard to be sure. Maybe someone who actually has a 2.7 CIS sporto might confirm?) It connects to the rear of the right camshaft.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by 72_sporto; 16-03-16, 05:01 PM.
        Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

For the record, this is the one for a 1972 MFI 2.4. This is the same type as I already have. As you can see, it has an adapter plate that houses the belt drive gear. (Not shown here.)
          Attached Files
          Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

Tricky part to find - it is technically an engine component. Lots were snapped up back in the day for racers using them as auxiliary high pressure oil pumps.

Once again I've got one stashed - you could have had

FWIW it's the same pump and mounting set up for CIS as Carbed cars (in-case that opens up your opportunities).
            John Forcier
            1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
            1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
            Restoration Saga
            1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Bill rooted round my parts stash, unearthed some forgotten parts. Though don't have the pump. Cheers

Comment

There's a few on eBay ...

Comment

Originally posted by ELSPORTO View Post
                  There's a few on eBay ...
                  Hi Ben, yeh, I saw! Big $$$$ for parts many people threw away. (Like so many other parts, I guess....) Since the 2.7 motor is only a temporary solution for me, I'm not prepared to spend that kind of cash. I bought a bracket from bunnings for $3 that I will mod to suit my vacuum valve and some scrap 10mm aluminium plate that will take about 30 mins to machine into an adaptor plate for my 72 pump. Not elegant solutions but I'm not going to be doing many long hours on the race track...
                  Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

Working...
                  X