Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I had a lazy $600k...

how about this ?
    1974 Porsche Carrera 2.7 - Incredibly rare model with original engine number in great condition. Timeless design considered one of the best Porsche models ever made. For sale at Dutton Garage.
    Craig
    12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
    1972 2.4E Targa project
    1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Or this ?
      1965 Porsche 911 - The first of the very limited Porsche 911 right-hand drive cars in original polo red and one of the few surviving in the world in excellent condition. For sale at Dutton Garage.
      Mickc

65’ 912/6
      70’ 911T coupe
      00’ MK1 GT3 CS​

Comment

Is that Polorots car?

Comment

I'm still on the RS4.0

Comment

To quote the castle:

"Tell him he's dreaming"

Will probably depreciate to 40% of that and then slowly start to increase again.

I can think of several cars I'd buy with that much.

And yes the red 65 is John's old one.... just a lovely little car.
            Justin Reed
            aka Reedminor
            1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
            1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
            1961 356B #114700
            Instagram: reedminor

Comment

hmmm...40% depreciation on a RS4.0? you might be right Justin but I'm not so sure...I would think being the last of the 996/7 series and so rare (only 600 made I think) and with a genuinely unique spec they'll have a pretty good future. Altho, like all speculations, only time will tell. I'd buy one but only if it was my "lazy" $600k, not my only $600k.

Speaking of APPRECIATION though, unless I am mistaken I was negotiating to buy Polorots red car before Polorot (somewhere in 2008-10), I got the Kardex and everything - he had it advertised on Carsales at $50k (yes, $50k) and I offered him $35k and he got all cranky with me and knocked me back. THEN - unbeknownst to me - he readvertised it at $35k and pretty sure John paid less than that! Hindsight! Like the $42k full rally spec Metro 6R4 I just missed in 2012... what a noise that V6 made at 10,000+rpm...

Comment

GT3RS4.0 $409k in 2011

Comment

Surely we have no comprehension of what is going to happen to our car values (and all these future 'classics') when the market values an EV higher than a combustion engine for our daily drive?

Do they become more valuable or less?
                  Richard Griffiths
                  1970 911T 2.8

Comment

This Iso Grifo was for sale at Classic Throttle Shop for not much more from memory ...... all day every day
                    Attached Files

Comment

Two houses in my neighbourhood.

Comment

We got so few of them - but they did go down in other markets where they were more prevalent.

I really cant see the point in trying to predict what will go up and what wont. I bought my car because I love early Porsches end of story. Not because I saw a financial upside.

The fact that it has appreciated makes it easier for me to justify the money I have spent on it over the years.

The appreciation in the value of these cars in the last few years has been staggering.... I'm not sure I'll see escalation like this again in my lifetime.

The next question is - how much longer will we be able to enjoy them.... I'll stop now.... starting to sound fatalistic.... but I'll enjoy my drive back to Melbourne tomorrow.

JR

Originally posted by Bremith View Post
                        hmmm...40% depreciation on a RS4.0? you might be right Justin but I'm not so sure...I would think being the last of the 996/7 series and so rare (only 600 made I think) and with a genuinely unique spec they'll have a pretty good future. Altho, like all speculations, only time will tell. I'd buy one but only if it was my "lazy" $600k, not my only $600k.

Speaking of APPRECIATION though, unless I am mistaken I was negotiating to buy Polorots red car before Polorot (somewhere in 2008-10), I got the Kardex and everything - he had it advertised on Carsales at $50k (yes, $50k) and I offered him $35k and he got all cranky with me and knocked me back. THEN - unbeknownst to me - he readvertised it at $35k and pretty sure John paid less than that! Hindsight! Like the $42k full rally spec Metro 6R4 I just missed in 2012... what a noise that V6 made at 10,000+rpm...
                        Justin Reed
                        aka Reedminor
                        1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                        1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                        1961 356B #114700
                        Instagram: reedminor

Comment

No argument here. It's all a crap shoot.

Comment

There is also Jackie Oliver's factory gift, 911S up this way that is rumoured to be 'buyable' for the same money.

Comment

Originally posted by Bremith View Post

Speaking of APPRECIATION though, unless I am mistaken I was negotiating to buy Polorots red car before Polorot (somewhere in 2008-10), I got the Kardex and everything - he had it advertised on Carsales at $50k (yes, $50k) and I offered him $35k and he got all cranky with me and knocked me back. THEN - unbeknownst to me - he readvertised it at $35k and pretty sure John paid less than that! Hindsight!..
                              50k, 35k, please don't say things like that!!
                              Mickc

65’ 912/6
                              70’ 911T coupe
                              00’ MK1 GT3 CS​

Comment

Working...
                              X