Engines??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engines??

Hi all, this is a pretty general question. Just wondering if anyone knows of, or has a 2.0 or 2.2 engine to sell. Im after something pretty fresh (to put straight in) and preferably S' spec or similar, to replace my tired 2.0 T' engine. I would like to stay with a short stroke motor to keep my 901 box.
    I have been thinking/talking about a 3.0/915 combo, but after just visiting the Porsche club sprints at Oran Park today, I would like to stay in a class with similar cars to me. There is a new E class aimed at getting some small bumper cars out on the track and compete amongst themselves.
    Any advice & or help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,

As the owner of a 69T, I once shared your 125 hp anguish

Is your car original? You have a couple of choices. I went with a wreck salvaged 2.7 CIS and rebuilt it myself to RS specs with webers so that it looks stock and period correct in my car. I've kept my matching number 2.0 and hope to build a 2.5 screamer from it one day.

If you want to stay in class, then I'd recommend you look at rebuilding your 2.0T into a 2.2S... this won't be cheap though and your money might be better spent on something like a second hand 3.0 SC engine - but then you really don't know what you're getting for your $.

It's always better to rebuild what you've got. If you don't have to have factory parts, cams can be reground, after marked pistons are available, your weber carbies and distributor can be re-callibrated and valves can be changed. In no time you'll have an S spec engine.

If you're looking to be quick in E class, your coin may be better spent on good suspension set up and tyres. The key to being quick in 2.0 cars is to keep corner speed high
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Hi Matt,
      I have a 2.0T motor that is in good working condition, but has been taken out to 2.2 and is 'E' MFI.
      I want $5000 for the motor if you are interested, it comes complete with the exception of the muffler. It has clutch and pressure plate etc.
      The leak down and compression test done by Spyder before it was pulled out was good, and the only real thing needing attention is a throttle linkage.
      Alex Webster
      A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

matt, ian henderson had a fresh 2.5 for sale a while back.

Comment

John, You made some good points. The problem with building up my T to S spec is cost. You are right about suspension and tyres (next on the list). I just need an engine that is strong, my engine is a bit too tired. That brings me to Alex...

Alex, I could be interested. As I said ,I need something strong that will last a while. When you said E MFI, does that mean the cams are E to run the injection as well? I will contact you and look into it further.
          thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by matt911 View Post
            John, You made some good points. The problem with building up my T to S spec is cost. You are right about suspension and tyres (next on the list). I just need an engine that is strong, my engine is a bit too tired. That brings me to Alex...

Alex, I could be interested. As I said ,I need something strong that will last a while. When you said E MFI, does that mean the cams are E to run the injection as well? I will contact you and look into it further.
            thanks,
            Hi Matt,

I have a 2.2T motor for sale, its about to be taken out of my 912 so that we put a 912 back in.

Let me know if your intersted.

Garnet
            0419 366 615

Comment

Working...
            X