Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kyj Is For Sale!

KYJ is for sale.

This is a beautiful car with impeccable history from new and is well known by many on this site - if only for the suggestive connotation invoked by the letters "KYJ" placed in that order on the registration plate. (YKJ or JYK are meaningless!)
    This exquisite piece of German engineering was delivered directly to Australia from the factory in 1971. I have the original delivery papers, every service documented from new and every receipt of works done during my period of ownership. It has been maintained for many years by respected Porsche mechanic George Cairns.
    All major components are as delivered from the factory - it is, as we so often refer, a 'matching numbers' car. As you are aware, it is white with contrasting interior, both of which are in magnificent condition. To maintain this pristine appearance, I recently engaged Porsche guru Mike Tankard to undertake some necessary, but minor, cosmetic body works.

Attached hereunder are some photos of this beauty, we refer to as "The White Lady".

....................oh I forgot to mention this is KYJ 319, our 1971 Mercedes Benz 280SE 3.5. I acquired the car in 1986 and am only the second owner. It has travelled a genuine 170,000 mls (approx)

..........and the price is $15,000. High for a Benz sedan of this age, but I believe worth it for it's provenance, originality, superb condition and impecable history from new.

Attached Files
    Peter Williams #049
    Secretary TYP901
    1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Geez Peter! You had me - I still didn't ge it till the photos!!!
    Marcus
    TYP901 Member #81
    1972 911E

Comment

Perfect tow car for Ryan. More class than the 300C
      sigpicPhil Lack
      TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
      Early 911-S Registry # 690
      R-Gruppe # 367
      '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
      '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
      2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
      1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Whats got me wondering is what other motoring gem from 1971 you have unearthed to replace the Merc with Peter?

Surely there is a succession plan here?
        Cam Arnott
        Looking for engine #6208151
        1970 911E (Sold)
        '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
        2 x Split Screen Kombis
        TYP 901 Register # 78
        Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Truth is Cam, this car has been a family member now for 21 years, so come the time of actually selling (assuming there is an interested buyer) I'll probably get cold feet and keep it (much to Julie's disgust). It's just a beautiful car to drive.

To answer your query re a succession plan.

Following the '63 Beetle makeover, Julie has got the resto bug (sic) and has decided to do the same with her Ducati 450 Mk 3 Desmo. She purchased it new in '74 and it's done only 5000km. It's totally orginal - one might say a "time warp" vehicle. The main problem is with the Italian chrome, the rest is pretty good. We've had a Duke expert to look at it - and good thing is, he is also an Upwey boy - so we talk the same language :p .
          Peter Williams #049
          Secretary TYP901
          1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Give you ten bucks
            Clyde Boyer
            TYP 901 Register Inc.
            President
            Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
            X