Thinking about selling my '73 911T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about selling my '73 911T

I have a 1973 911T (2.4 MFI, non-sunroof coupe) available which is an ex Californian car delivered new to the Newport Beach area where it has spent all its life.

I had been contemplating restoring this as its an excellent candidate being so unmolested and with all the right bits intact.

However, I find just dont have the time to get into another project so would like to sell it to someone who can give it the attention it deserves.

I thought I should offer it here to the members before it gets listed on the Net elsewhere.

Some details:

All matching numbers car.
    2.4 MFI engine in good running order.
    5 speed 915 box.
    Approx 113,000 original documented miles.
    Very large file containing receipts (many from Andial Porsche) plus original owners details etc.
    All Owners book including manual, Maintenance books, orig radio manual. Even has original blue/yellow CA. plates.
    Period radio (maybe the original)
    5 - 6x15 Fuchs wheel, all in excellent condition, probably restored a few years back.
    Original, and complete toolkit & jack(even Clyde was impressed)
    Very straight, rust free car.
    Originally Silver but now Light Ivory. Engine compartment has original paint colour.
    Original carpets, with wear on drivers side entry but probably most can be saved.
    "Just Dashes" recovered dashboard just before shipping ex USA.
    New front screen
    Original "Comfort seats" drivers side requires small bolster repair.
    Back seats in excellent condition.
    Near perfect engine grille (according to Clyde - who knows about these things).
    Reasonable door pockets.
    Original steering wheel (note wheel in pics will be replaced).

Only downside is that someone has blacked out the window trims, screen trim and overriders. I am sure these can be easily removed and rechromed or anodised again.

This is not a car to turn into an RS clone or rally car. Its too good for that because its all there. It could even just be cleaned up and driven now. This is not a basket-case requiring huge amounts of time to be spent, or years of trying to track down the right bits. Most of the work to be done is handyman stuff. If you want to go back to original Silver (I would), I am sure Jason at Chequered flag can give a good quote.

Car is not yet registered in Vic (it can be), has the proper Import Approval Docts and I was considering registering it before offering for sale to the broader community.

However, I would sell the car "as is, where is" to an interested buyer.

I am asking approx $48,000 for the car and can email more pics as required.

This is a much better car than the Silvert 72T coupe I also had since its far less mileage with books to prove it.That car sold for the same money. Mechanically it needs cleaning up, maybe some brake calliper work. Believe me, I know the cost of having to redo everything and these days, with Porsche parts costs what they are, finding a complete car is almost impossible and if you do, you are paying around US$40,000 then you still have to get it out here. Finding a local car in such original condition would probably cost around double.

Car is located in Thomastown (nthn suburb of Melbourne, just off the ring road). Can be driven around the industrial park here without reg or permits.

Pics were taken in Don Murrays garage in Costa Mesa before I picked it up. Its his green RS. Dont ask, its not for sale.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by e72phil; 06-02-08, 11:39 PM.
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Sorry Dons RS isnt green, its Chatreuse (?). And thats Eade Hopkinson next to the 73T. Another of Southern Californias fanatical, early 911 collectors, like Don. I bought the car from Don.
    sigpicPhil Lack
    R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

I saw the car for the first time last week, lots of originality, needs to be resprayed back to silver and some other cosmetics and then would be a good buy

Don't know about the mechanics have to ask Phil
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Some more Pics

attached are more pics of the car for those interested. I recently noted that Healey Factory has a 73E LHD coupe for sale at $82500.00.

As you can, floors are in perfect condition.
        Attached Files
        sigpicPhil Lack
        R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

New Dunlop D01's for sale

Oops error
          Last edited by Terminator; 09-02-08, 03:55 PM.
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President
          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
          X