Comfort seats - value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comfort seats - value?

don't really want to store these in the new house...

does anyone know what they are worth (if anything) - and if there is any demand? Hope they are not just skip material...

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 7 photos.
    Richard Griffiths
    1970 911T 2.8

Hi Richard
    what year are they from?
    Peter D

TYP901# 233
    911T Coupe 68
    911E Targa 73
    911E Coupe 72 (sold)
    1974 BMW 3.0cs (sold)

Comment

PM sent

Comment

1970 (late 69 build)
        Richard Griffiths
        1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Not skip material anymore these days.
          Jap del 75 911 lhd 3.2

Comment

69 by the look of the sides. http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...condition.html

I guess about $1100.

Comment

Seriously?

times have changed...
              Richard Griffiths
              1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Could be a bit less but there is now a real market for these, depending on the need for re-padding, springing as well as covering. I have an outstanding set bagged and stored from 68 (3 screw type).

Comment

Controversially I'll opine that they are only valuable to someone actively seeking them for some strange originality quest. Seriously.

I literally couldn't give a pair of them away a few years ago, and anyone who has tried the difference knows you'd never stick with comfort seats on purpose other than for a true time capsule car. That said, they don't appear to be scrap any more - crazy times.
                  Last edited by Fishcop; 03-11-16, 07:41 PM.
                  John Forcier
                  1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                  1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                  Restoration Saga
                  1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

True John. There is a reason I have never used mine (after one drive). However, many folk are keen on originality and they are original. The 356 seats are essentially the same but wider and one sits more 'in' than 'on' the seat. They are perfect for the suspension and ride characteristics of the 356. I had mine re-built and they are perfect now.

Comment

They are seats. Unless they are comfortable to drive in they are worthless in my eyes.

Comment

Very useful to a guy like me who is restoring a 2.2T with brown trim and corduroy inserts!
                        PM sent.

Comment

Piggy backing on this I am looking for some SWB comforts and I have a set of black 69-71 Seats in nicer condition than Richards to offer as trade bait?

Comment

Man up and put a price on them please Richard as this is clearly the start of a for sale thread
                            Clyde Boyer
                            TYP 901 Register Inc.
                            President
                            Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
                              Man up and put a price on them please Richard as this is clearly the start of a for sale thread
                              yeah i'm not so sure... initially i was thinking they are just consuming space for no value. now i have to start thinking that these seats could actually become even more valuable, and so storage cost becomes less of an issue.

as my reply to a few PM's... going to hold onto them for the moment and think about it. or decide once i see how much of my garage they take up (no roof space to hide them in).

still can't believe the price of original seats... sports or otherwise!

R
                              Richard Griffiths
                              1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Working...
                              X