Wanted: Basket Weave Vinyl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted: Basket Weave Vinyl

Just a quick note to check if anyone has a small amount of basket weave vinyl (circa 1971) they would like to sell?

Am removing the radio from my 71E (not Blaupunkt) and require a small strip sufficient to cover the space between the steering wheel and the glove box.

To fill the hole left by the radio, I am planning to use two pieces of aluminium plate. The first to be secured behind the dash and the second (same guage as the original dash metal) secured directly on top of the first plate inside the hole left by the radio.

This should make the outside surface flush with the rest of the dash and suitable for covering with vinyl...unless anyone has an easer way of dealing with the problem??

malcolmwould love some pics of how you go... i am contemplating doing the same - as all i have at the moment is an ugly hole!!rich
    Richard Griffiths
    1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Hi Mal,

By way of clarification you'll also want to have said strip with the grain pattern running horizonally, as opposed to vertically. Worth specifying - trust me...
      Paul Wischer
      1969 911T
      1979 Californian Moke
      TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

I still have some for you Paul that will go the right way as oppossed to the bit I sent you

Clyde
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President
        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Thanks Clyde - I only brought it up as the orientation didn't even occur to me at the time we were discussing it!
          Paul Wischer
          1969 911T
          1979 Californian Moke
          TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

I have noticed since you raised it htat all door trims the weave is at 90 degrees to the dash. Must have been on purpose for some reason....god knows why though
            Clyde Boyer
            TYP 901 Register Inc.
            President
            Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by malcolmf View Post
              Just a quick note to check if anyone has a small amount of basket weave vinyl (circa 1971) they would like to sell?
              Malcolm, send me a PM with your address and the approximate dimensions of the piece you need and I'll send it. I have more than I need. It's a reproduction basketweave that looks identical to the original in my 1971 car.
              Regards
              John

Comment

Thanks Guys

Pics no problem Richard. Will post some once once it is done.

John...Thanks very much for your offer! Much appreciated. Will measure up on the weekend and get back to you!

Have a great weekend all!

Comment

Hi John

Just a quick note to let you know I receved the vinyl today. It's really quite a good match, thank you very much!

Will let you know how the project goes.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                  X