1971 911E project FS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1971 911E project FS

After much deliberation about the car, I have decided to advertise the car for sale.

It's a 1971 911E 2.2 liter 5 speed Australian delivered matching numbers car, vin 9111200355.

A brief history of my ownership of the car:

I purchased it in late December 1991, the car had several no standard modifications, the hand formed rear flares, Recaro front seats,
    Bathurst Globe wheels and a manual slide back sun roof. On the mechanical side the front suspension had been updated with a 1984 front end.

Four years of enjoyable motoring was had.

Then in 1996 I decided to restore the car, the body was media blaster to bare metal and any rust was sand blasted.

The left hand outer sill had to be replaced and there were a couple of small rust repairs needed else where on the body.
    The custom rear flared guards were removed and replaced with SC steel flares and then repainted in Porsche GP White.

All the work on the car was carried out by Stuttgart Spares at Hornsby nsw, while the work was being carried out I photo documented the majority of the panel work.

The interior of the car was not painted at the time, nor were the front or rear bumper bars.
    The car comes with the original E front bumper as well as a steel "S" bar and a fiber glass RS bar. The rear is a fiber glass RS bar and the original steel bar.

The engine at the time was completely disassembled ready for a future rebuild.

I have "ALL" the parts for the car nothing was ever thrown away.

Also included in the sale are:

15x7 and 15x8 Fuchs wheels
    915 gearbox (electric speedo drive)
    2.7l 1974 911/93 complete engine.

The car has been stored in my garage since the body work was completed in 1996, virtual untouched.
    After researching the price of other cars and the listed and unlisted parts that will go with the car, i think a price of $43,500 would be realistic.

I can be contacted on zero four two four one eight six five eight two

Micheal

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

I might be interested Mick. What is the original colour? Metallic blue? PM sent

Comment

Globe Bathurst sweet!

Great storing work, it looks like it was painted yesterday.
      GLWS

Comment

I should of read the ad and phoned. Silly me!!!

Comment

my understanding is that the original colour was condor green - a great period colour. You dont have the original engine number for it by any chance. If it is not still with the car it is surprising how many have been found recently, or is the 1974 engine you mention an additional one to the original that is in parts ?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by HughH; 09-12-16, 09:12 PM.
          Hugh Hodges
          1973 E
          Australian TYP 901 Register #005
          Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Reads like it is additional to me as he says "numbers matching car" in the first paragraph.

I am partial to Condor Green...great colour
            Clyde Boyer
            TYP 901 Register Inc.
            President
            Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Someone got a good project! Just had to get in the queue with everyone else in case it falls over

Congrats to the buyer - Be great to see it back on the road

Comment

To all those inquiring, i have taken a holding deposit on the car and will update on Monday if the car is still available.

Micheal

Comment

For those who had made inquiries about the car, it has now been sold.

Cheers

Micheal

Comment

Working...
                  X