Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rescuing a 1971 911E

G'day guys,

Like some, I am searching for my original engine. It is for a 1971 911E. Engine # 6210158

I realise this is a long shot, therefore I am prepared to compromise for either a 2.2 or 2.4 just as long as it is MFI (Einspritzung).
    What is out there, in what condition and finally at what cost? I've seen the topic by BlackRS911 and am just waiting for a response.....

I am in the beginning of rescuing an abused and malformed car that requires basically every part. So, if you have any surplus interior/exterior trim (garnishes, trims, anything) please let me know. There is no real benefit of listing what I need as it literally is everything! Of course where I can purchase new, I will, however at the same time, where I can save a buck or two, then good second hand will suffice

Thank you in advance
    Peter

Hi mate. You just never know what engines are lying around these days.
    I personally think matching numbers is good if you have a concourse car but if you are going to drive and enjoy them fit whatever you desire. Load up some pics if you get a chance.

Comment

Which is why I am plenty happy to have a period correct engine! Just gotta get people to ring you back after expressing interest with the cash waiting
      Not for the faint hearted......
      New panels arrived
      Attached Files

Comment

interesting project
        looks like the roof was removed at some stage?

Comment

Yes indeed, I purchased the project after the fibreglass 959 panels were removed
          Thank goodness for Dansk and resourceful, well connected panel beaters!!

Comment

I have a '71e engine and mfi surplus to my needs that needs heads and some other parts if you are interested
            1971 911E
            1993 964 30 Jahre 'Jubilee' Edition Looking for engine 6218087

Comment

Originally posted by P-Kay View Post
              Yes indeed, I purchased the project after the fibreglass 959 panels were removed
              Thank goodness for Dansk and resourceful, well connected panel beaters!!
              Was that Klasssy via Jono?

Comment

Yep - Peter is the lucky new owner of Klassssy.

Peter - Ash's engine is bloody close to your original engine number (approx. 80 numbers off).

Comment

When I saw the engine number, I figured it was the engine you had mentioned

Comment

Working...
                  X