• Show
Clear All

For sale: 1972 911 T/E

1972 911 T/E
    Price: $SOLD
    Metallic Silver
    Vin: 9112102199
    Engine Number: 6123431

For sale is my, matching numbers, very well sorted, 1972 911T. For those of you that are looking for a "turn key" 901 that can be driven day in day out look no further.

Originally delivered to the USA the card was converted to RHD by Jason Carroll and those who know better than me tell me that if you you weren't told you would not be able to tell it was converted.

The car comes with original books and extensive service records.

Since being in my stewardship this car has undergone constant improvement and there is really very little to do except to enjoy it.

Work done includes but not limited to:

Interior

- All gauges refurbished by North Hollywood Speedometer
    - Original speedo put aside and replaced with another 1972 speedo that was converted to KPH
    - Aluminum dash trim replaced
    - Retrosound Model 2 radio with Bluetooth fitted with speakers hidden behind door cards (original Blaupunkt comes with car)
    - D'Eser replica Recaro Sports seats finished in Leather and black cord
    - Coco mats
    - Rennshift gear shifter with extended lever fitted with 917 style laminated shift knob by Manuel (original shifter and knob come with car)
    - 370mm Momo Prototipo steering wheel

Suspension and brakes

- Completely restored
    - New Elephant Racing rubber bushes throughout with the exception of the front A arm bushings which are ER Sphericals
    - New Bilstein shocks front and rear
    - ER quick change adjustable spring plates (originals come with car)
    - ER plated and plugged hollow torsion bars 21 front 26 rear (originals come with car)
    - ER poly bronze spring plate bushes also come with car (not fitted)
    - Turbo tie rods and new ball joints
    - New rear wheel bearings
    - New brake discs all round
    - New brake pads all round

Engine

- All tin ware freshly powder coated
    - Engine removed and cleaned, various seals and bits and pieces replaced
    - New flywheel and Sachs Sport clutch
    - Throttle bodies and stacks removed and cleaned
    - New throttle body and stack gaskets
    - New Partsklassic coil
    - Distributor rebuilt and recurved, new cap and new rotor
    - New spark plug leads
    - Injectors all tested and 4 faulty injectors replaced with new injectors
    - New SSI Heat Exchangers
    - New stainless steel Sachs Sport muffler
    - New spark plugs
    - New air filter

Other stuff

- Wheels restored and fitted with Michelin XWX 185/70 tyres
    - Various rubbers replaced where needed

PM or call me on 0409941775 if interested.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Harry.
    filedata/fetch?id=158147&d=1545564390&type=thumb
    Attached Files
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by Harry; 19-04-17, 02:39 PM.

That's a bit of a shock Harry. Good luck with the sale mate. Lovely car!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cairns888 View Post
      That's a bit of a shock Harry. Good luck with the sale mate. Lovely car!!!!
      Thanks Jim!

Comment

Also good luck Harry. That is a top car.

Comment

Won't need luck , great car, just needs someone who understands what it would take to get a car up to this level.

Comment

Harry
            Pure shock absolutely love your car and the standard you have set. Hopefully buyers will realise what this car offers. Hope you stay heavily involved in the club as you are a standout, as is the car.
            Nev

Comment

Good luck in selling my old car Harry, you certainly took it to another level after re installing that lovely original motor.

I knew the RHD car that the conversion pieces came from, I used to steal parts from it all the time when the shell was at Mike Tankards and it is as good a conversion as your going to get. Like Harry says next to nighe impossible to tell it was done as it was done properly.
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President
              Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Here is how I found the car in California almost 12 years ago. I wont say what I paid for it ! GLWS Harry !
                This gallery has 1 photos.
                sigpicPhil Lack
                TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                Early 911-S Registry # 690
                R-Gruppe # 367
                '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

This car is the business! I first saw it at the Noosa Concourse and it was the pick of the show. We then found out Harry drove it up from Melb and back - this was the icing on the cake...

Having driven the car I can only urge any interested parties not to hold back. This is by far the nicest 911 I have driven or been in, the combination of suspension, shifter and tyres it was very smooth but firm enough to give a performance feel.

Pre Phil's ownership it was also owned by the late (and great) Roger Grago. With respect, this is special as Roger was extremely well known in the hot VW and Porsche scene having been President of the Der Kleiner Panzers (VW club) and later the R-Gruppe.

This car would be in my drive way but Harry reckons he has enough children.
                  Tom Laube
                  Instagram - #first_corner_fever

Porsche - '73 LHD 911T, '72 RHD 911T, '79 All Rounder SC
                  VW - '60 Type1 Factory Sunroof, '64 Kombi

Comment

Yes I bought this car off Roger and his partner, Don Murray who is another uber Porsche guy. I had known Roger for some time before I bought this car as I was also an R Gruppe member. Roger and Don actually had 2 early 911's for sale at the time and I chose the silver '72 even though Roger said the cream '73T was a better car. But I was a '72 guy and went for that one. I did have to put a new front cross member into the car as there was rust evident however Dan and Scott at Scotts Performance in Anaheim organised this work and it was done well.

Clyde and I drove this car to the May 2006 R Gruppe meeting in Sonoma and had a great time there until I recvd a late night phone call Saturday night with the bad news of Jill's untimely passing. Clyde then drove the car back to Los Angeles for me as I raced back home to the kids. The car was subsequently shipped out to Melbourne where I had planned to restore it until I received an offer I couldn't refuse and it ended up in Geelong for a while with a doctor who was an avid collector of various cars. He arranged for Jason to do the RHD conversion and then Clyde ended up buying the car off him. The rest is Harry's story but I can say its a great car and under Harrys ownership, it has received the very best care and upgrades.

The new owner wont be disappointed.

As a footnote, after I sold the silver '72, I went back to Roger and Don and bought their other car. Clyde couldnt help himself and eventually bought it off me and worked his usual magic to make it pristine. Years later on a visit to California driving around Costa Mesa with fellow TYP901 member, Kent Moore, we saw this car at European Collectibles not more than 2 blocks from where I had originally bought it. I wonder if this Silver '72 will end up back there too ? I am heading to California in early May and will definitely be doing the rounds of the shops and dealers in Costa Mesa. Who knows what I will find this time ?
                    Last edited by e72phil; 06-04-17, 03:56 PM.
                    sigpicPhil Lack
                    R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Phil, I think you just added more value to this car, as a world wide collectable.
                      Cheers
                      Paul M

Comment

Thanks all for the kind words and Phil thanks for adding a bit of the cars history. I am sure if the car finds a new home the new owner won't be disappointed.

I still plan to remain a member of TYP901 should the car leave my stewardship (if you will still have me).

Cheers,

Harry.
                        Last edited by Harry; 03-04-17, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                          I S till plan to remain a member of TYP901 should the car leave my stewardship (if you will still have me).
                          Nah, lets banish him to that other three letter acronym forum until he buys another early car

Good luck with it Harry - we're all in a state of shock that you'd be selling such a fine car. I still remember Tom waxing lyrical after he drove your car back from Eastern Creek.

Comment

Nooooooooo.... say it isn't so, Harry!
                            Mark Munro
                            '69 911T (sold)
                            '76 911 Carrera 3.0 coupe
                            '69 MG Midget Group S car
                            TYP901 Register #196

Comment

Here are a few more historical pics of the car at Scotts Performance with Dan working on a problematic immobiliser that caused some starting issues. All fixed OK and I was off to pick up Clyde at LAX the next morning as he stepped off his flt, then we headed north up to San Francisco. And here's a shot of the new cross member to prove it was done.
                              This gallery has 3 photos.
                              sigpicPhil Lack
                              R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Working...
                              X