Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brand new early 911 fuel tanks available

Hi all,

I have just recvd a shipment of brand new (aftermarket) galvanized fuel tanks to fit early 901 cars.

These have the indent to accept a full size spare and the fuel sender cutout and tank neck are all identical to the original tank.

I have already fitted 2 of these tanks to early cars and they fit perfectly and work well with the factory OEM rubber seal around the base. Outlet fittings are all there for carb or MFI cars.

If your tank is old or the car you just bought has been sitting unused for some time, there is a very good chance you have water in the tank which leads to inevitable rust. if your car runs MFI, then dont risk ruining a $1300 electric fuel pump or clogging expensive fuel filters .

I know there is the possibility to fit a rubber lining to old tanks but am offereing these to TYP901 members at $900.00 ea. (Regular price - $985.00) incl GST which is a couple of hundred dollars more than a re-line. Plus these tanks are ALL Galvanized inside and out and should last a lot longer than the old steel ones.

I also have 1 or 2 G series tanks to suit space saver wheels.

Tanks are supplied galvanized and I suggest you paint them with a can of Wurth Grey paint to get the authentic factory finish. Tanks are well packed in strong cartons with foam protection for shipping around Australia.

PM or email me with any questions.
    Attached Files
    Phil Lack
    GTS Classics - proud TYP901 Forum SPONSORS
    PH: 03 9460 4000 FAX: 03 9460 4011
    Exclusive Distributors :
    'BF Torino' Seats, 'Rennshifter' sports shift, Spektr lightweight polycarb glass replacement, Autos International interiors.
    WEB: www.gtsclassics.com.au

Phil someone is selling your tanks

Comment

Yep, his supplier!!!
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

that's actually quite good value....

my new tank from Porsche was nearly twice that cost 3 years ago.... I figured that if I bought a genuine one I wouldn't need to worry for another 40 years!
        Justin Reed
        aka Reedminor
        1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
        1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
        1961 356B #114700
        Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SIR70t View Post
            Yes, these are the same tanks, but when you see the size of the box they ship in, calculate the freight (UPS quoted me at least US$ 250) than add duty and GST, I am selling them cheaper than the ebay price.

Plus I have stock in Australia.
            Phil Lack
            GTS Classics - proud TYP901 Forum SPONSORS
            PH: 03 9460 4000 FAX: 03 9460 4011
            Exclusive Distributors :
            'BF Torino' Seats, 'Rennshifter' sports shift, Spektr lightweight polycarb glass replacement, Autos International interiors.
            WEB: www.gtsclassics.com.au

Comment

Working...
            X