US Delivered 72 911T - For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Delivered 72 911T - For Sale

I have decided to advertise my car for sale. I'm not 100% convinced that I want to sell it, so if there is no interest, I will keep hold of it.

As the description says, The car is a US Delivered 1972 911T, Still LHD and Matching Numbers
    Vin Number: 9112102614
    Engine: 6124021 (2.4l MFI - 140HP US Spec)
    Original Colour Code 7474 - Sepia Brown (Now Champagne Brown)
    Original Options Fitted were:
    400 - Ligh Alloy forged wheels 6x15 (Replaced with 6.5x16 and 7x16 Fuchs)
    440 - Antenna Left with loudspeaker
    470 - Comfort equipment - 911s instruments/ leather steering wheel (replaced with smaller Nardi Leather Wheel)
    559 - Air Conditioner (All components still fitted)
    568 - Tinted Windows

There is only limited documentation with the car, but has all the important stuff (US Title, Import docs, sales contracts, PCA COA, services records back to 2004 and US plates) Its missing service records, and history prior to 2004. The vehicle was imported into Australia in 2008 by a business man in Adelaide, and I purchased it from him in 2011.

In the time I have owned it, I have completed some of the following:
    - Had the rust removed and repaired. (Jason Carroll replaced the rear parcel shelf and seat bums) Everything else has been inspected, and appears very solid and straight.
    - Rebuild the transmission and drive shafts. (replaced all bearings, seals and replaced 4th and 5th gear pairs) The car can come with a spare 915 gearbox if desired.
    - Rebuild the front suspension and steering. (Spencer Harrison rebuild the Steering rack, replaced all bushes, ball joints and front shocks and powder coated/zinc plated everything) All of the brakes were rebuild by Mark Poole in Adelaide, prior to me buying the car.
    The Engine runs like a clock, and has never given me any trouble. It starts extremely easily, first time, every time, and Spencer told me, not to let anybody touch it. It has some patina, as a 45 year old engine should.

The car is currently reading 70,225 miles and had 68,090 on it when I bought it. IT was advertised with 67,000 'original' miles in the US. Although there is no way to verify this.
    See below link to the car on Pelican Parts prior to importation to Aus.

The car is a good, honest, drivers car, but is in no way 'concourse'. If it sells, I will probably regret letting it go, as I will probably never be able to find another one like this.

The car will be advertised here only, for $120k.
    If there are any questions please let me know.
    Ph. 0400 922 191 or contact through the forum.

PS Sorry for the poor image quality, the phone doesn't like low light conditions. If there are any specific photos wanted, let me know.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 11 photos.

I like it! We all know the struggle to keep or to sell.

Comment

Looks a great car Lyndon. They don't come with that quality very often.

Comment

Took my car for a drive today while the sun was out. I thought I would take some photos to update while I was there. It looks a complete different colour in the evening light!
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Wow, beautiful car. Love that color.
          Kane Kennedy
          Typ 901 Register #204
          71 911E Metallic Green

Comment

Lovely car. How is it to drive on the left? manual shifter takes getting used to? pedals would be better aligned

Comment

Originally posted by Mr911 View Post
              Lovely car. How is it to drive on the left? manual shifter takes getting used to? pedals would be better aligned
              I've never had an issue driving on the left. Being a small car helps a lot, its only a small lean over to see out the right. I'm not sure what a big American car would be like? Shifting gears almost feels more natural, being right handed. Once your driving, none of it seems to matter anyway, too concerned about keeping it on the black stuff.

Comment

Working...
              X