1970 Porsche 911 T on carsales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1970 Porsche 911 T on carsales

$120k including correct year engine (in pieces, but assuming non-matching)...

Looking for a performance vehicle? Then look no further than this 1970 Porsche 911. This Australian delivered 1970 911T is in excellent condition inside and out. Currently runs perfectly with a strong 3.0 litre engine and 915 transmission. Recent work includes: Brakes overhauled including new master cylinder, new steel brake pipes, and new brake hoses. New tyres fitted also has a new back windscreen. New alternator fitted. This is not a perfect concourse car but if you are looking for a classic early 911 that looks beautiful and that you can drive as often and as far as you want, you should look at this car. For those interested in returning the car to its original specifications, included in the price are the following: Correct year 2.2 litre engine (disassembled), correct restored Zenith carburettors, correct year 911/01 transmission (used in 1970 and 1971 between the 901 and 915 transmissions), correct , refurbished fuel tank to accommodate a full size Fuchs spare wheel with new tyre. $120000.00 or very near offer will secure this marvellous Vehicle.
    Attached Files
    Richard Griffiths
    1970 911T 2.8

Yes I read it as non mathching too
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Well priced though, be interesting to see how quick it sells ,non matching or not the parts are in series.

Comment

if its non matching, I would have the 3L any day over a stock 2.2. Def well priced
        Last edited by mickc; 07-09-17, 08:02 AM.
        Mickc

65’ 912/6
        70’ 911T coupe
        00’ MK1 GT3 CS​

Comment

This will be interesting to follow as it's a base line Aussie car. Non matching etc etc but with some good bits in there. I quite like it and ticks many boxes for me. If I was in the market I would be looking at this right now.

We all know the US market has softened considerably and the 912's are making a catch up now. Like I said, this will be a good marker for Aussie 911's.

Comment

What happened to the delivery address??? Not OZ delivered?
            Last edited by 72_sporto; 08-09-17, 11:53 AM.
            Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

The pic of the smugglers box looks wrong. I'd say it's been converted or someone has been tampering in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Cairns888 View Post
                The pic of the smugglers box looks wrong. I'd say it's been converted or someone has been tampering in that area.
                Jim

I saw a photo of a larger smugglers box when it was first listed on carsales. I can't seem to find that photo anymore.
                Erwin Tan
                TYP 901 Member #467
                72 911T Coupe

IG @motorclassique

Comment

I know the owner - he would not have intentionally misrepresented the car. It looks as though it is being sold via 3rd party (Don Munroe of T&D - who is a good guy). I'd guess there was a communication error. But it does make the price ambitions... The same year Tangerine LHD matching number car on Car Sales is a better buy... https://www.carsales.com.au/private/...4845418/?Cr=15
                  John Forcier
                  1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                  1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                  Restoration Saga
                  1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Best buy I have seen for years John.

Comment

Is it a converted car?

Comment

my records have the vin number associated with this rego in QLD as australian delivered, and a car Paul ford looked at with a view to possibly buying in 2009
                        Hugh Hodges
                        1973 E
                        Australian TYP 901 Register #005
                        Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Originally posted by HughH View Post
                          my records have the vin number associated with this rego in QLD as australian delivered, and a car Paul ford looked at with a view to possibly buying in 2009
                          That's interesting Hugh. The ad copy definitely had Australian delivered in the text originally, but it's not there now...
                          John Forcier
                          1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                          1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                          Restoration Saga
                          1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

I must be getting old. Cant remember that car..........

Comment

I remember reading that it was an Aussie delivered car, no longer mentioned on Carsales.
                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 1 photos.
                              Peter D

TYP901# 233
                              911T Coupe 68
                              911E Targa 73
                              911E Coupe 72 (sold)
                              1974 BMW 3.0cs (sold)

Comment

Working...
                              X