Fan Rivets WTB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fan Rivets WTB

Does anyone have or know where to source 8-10 of the coutersunk aluminium alternator fan rivets? I know I could use countersunk cap heads, but would prefer rivets......
    Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Know any aircraft structure guys? They'll have bucket loads.

Comment

Thanks Jim, but I was hoping for something more specific.......

I found these- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Solid-Alum...9iSjO1Iu1ULhjw

Which look to be almost identical specs to the originals- and not overly expensive. But if someone else in the club has already bought 50 or 100 or a pound of them, they may like to offload their never to be used, excess stock (Help me and and help reduce global warming!)

I was curious to see the difference in weight between using rivets and c-sunk 5mm cap screws. The 6 rivets weigh about 6gms. Screws, nuts and washers weigh about 24gms. Every little bit helps, I suppose!
      Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

Im your aircraft structures man if you want rivets. Just let me know the size you want.
        Kane Kennedy
        Typ 901 Register #204
        71 911E Metallic Green

Comment

On a car of mine countersunk phillip heads were used on this older resto of fan hub, looks fine to me if your not fussed about originality
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          Last edited by mrar; 05-10-17, 10:58 PM.
          Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Originally posted by Kane k View Post
            Im your aircraft structures man if you want rivets. Just let me know the size you want.
            Hi Kane, Are you a Framie? I was a queer-trader in a previous life. I'm pretty sure the size is 3/16 dia by 9/16 long. (Hole is 5mm.) Do you know if there is a supplier in Brissie?
            Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

Well I will complete the band as I am airframe/ engines. Mechanical. We should build a porsche plane

Comment

Originally posted by 72_sporto View Post

Hi Kane, Are you a Framie? I was a queer-trader in a previous life. I'm pretty sure the size is 3/16 dia by 9/16 long. (Hole is 5mm.) Do you know if there is a supplier in Brissie?
                Im a sheetie, specialize in airframe damage, which maybe lightning strike damage, or damage sustained on the ground from ground service equipment. Or just general crack or corrosion repairs.
                3/16 rivets are very standard size. I could put a mixed length bag together and post to you if you like. Cost you nothing happy to help.
                Kane Kennedy
                Typ 901 Register #204
                71 911E Metallic Green

Comment

Originally posted by Cairns888 View Post
                  Well I will complete the band as I am airframe/ engines. Mechanical. We should build a porsche plane
                  Haha, just need a avionics man now, then its a party.
                  Kane Kennedy
                  Typ 901 Register #204
                  71 911E Metallic Green

Comment

Queer traders are avionics. Also known as coneheads.

Comment

Ive heard coneheads, thats what we call ours, but queer traders, im using that LoL
                      Kane Kennedy
                      Typ 901 Register #204
                      71 911E Metallic Green

Comment

LOL - "Coneheads" wasn't around when I was working on planes. Probably started after the movie.....
                        Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

Michael Harris at Promotive might have the jump on you. He has already tried to enlist my avionics help in his aviation endeavours.....
                          I might wait to wait to see how big the bill for my heads is, before letting him know.
                          Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

I'm a pilot, but there's no way I'm flying anything built by you blokes
                            More than happy to ride in your cars though

Comment

Pilots verse mechanics!! It's been going on as long as lift.
                              Do you know why they have a dog in the cockpit?
                              The dogs are there to make sure the pilot doesn't touch anything and the pilot is there to feed the dog.

Comment

Working...
                              X