FS 1970 Porsche 911E 2.2 (Coupe) converted to RHD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS 1970 Porsche 911E 2.2 (Coupe) converted to RHD

With considerable regret I am now offering for sale my 1970 911E - a very attractive, very driveable head-turner in very good condition. Photos are those that I think will be most useful. More can be provided on request.

It was imported from the USA in 1989, and was professionally converted to RHD along with a bare metal restoration and was repainted from Signal Orange to its present British Racing Green, with seats and interior changed at that time. Most receipts and documentation are available.

Engine is original (matching numbers with Porsche USA certificate), speedo now showing some 44,000km on second rotation. A 915 gearbox was fitted 2009, replacing the original Sportomatic. Original sunroof. Rear wheel wells are flared. All wheels are marked as Fuch from several different 70’s years. Since I have had the car, it has undergone a complete suspension replacement (Elephant Racing and Wevo parts), all found rust removed (notably the front pan and two areas under rear window corners), timing chains, complete MFI rebuild, lines, covers and general engine work done. SSIs, stainless steel muffler. Paintw
    ork is in great condition. Many other original and functional restorations.

Now on Carsales, asking for $110,000. Happy to respond to questions (direct message or 0407126634). Car is located in the ACT.

It's time to move on to the next project. But if there is no interest, I’ll happily keep it.

Roger
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 17 photos.
    Last edited by Dodgie; 30-11-17, 07:52 AM. Reason: Price change

A lot to like about this car.
    The sum of its parts easily outstrips the asking price.
    Nice job Roger.
    I have no doubt that this will sell quickly.

Comment

Good luck with the sale.....I believe I was the first owner of this car when it arrived in Oz in the early 90's. I have a photo when it was red (maybe the original colour was orange ?), had black trim, a sporto & cost $12k !! It was a solid car & had a lot of money spent on it by the guys who bought it off me as a "father & son project". I was a blown away when it came back as a British Racing Green, 5 speed & camel trim....ha ha

Cheers,
      Matt
      Matt Read

1989 944 (rally car)
      1994 993 (road car)
      1994 BMW M3 (salt lake racer)
      1999 GT3 (Nations Cup Championship)

Ex - 1967 912, 1970 911T, 1971 911T, 1971 911E, 1976 Carrera

901 #160
      PCV #528

Comment

Thanks Matt. Yes, it was Signal Orange. Have to say I prefer the green, even if it isn't the original colour - . I've chatted to the subsequent owner as well. Small world, the Porsche world.

Roger

Comment

And to add to the description - Williams Ceramic Coating professionally applied September 2017

Comment

Hi Roger.
            How do you like the ceramic coating?
            I'm considering a clear vinyl wrap on my new paint and someone suggested ceramic coating as an alternative.
            Ben

Comment

Hey Ben - not much between them I think. I have mates who have vinyl wrap and swear by it. The ceramic I think is better for preserving a current older paint job.
              Roger

Comment

Originally posted by Dodgie View Post
                Hey Ben - not much between them I think. I have mates who have vinyl wrap and swear by it. The ceramic I think is better for preserving a current older paint job.
                Roger
                Thanks Roger. I'm working on costs for a full vinyl wrap from a couple of places now and reckon i'll go that route. They say they're good for 5 years or more which sounds pretty good too. Cheers,
                Ben.

Comment

Vinyl wrap will protect you from stone chips, whereas the ceramic coating is more to protect the surface from contaminants.
                  Vinyl wrap has come a long way.

Comment

This car appears to be a really good purchase, why hasn’t it sold yet? The Porsche world is never consistent and is up and down like a yo-yo with non-original cars. It would interesting to do a poll on how many favour stock original cars compared
                    to all of the others. I would have a crack and say it would be 90% to team original .

Comment

Originally posted by Cairns888 View Post
                      It would interesting to do a poll on how many favour stock original cars compared
                      to all of the others. I would have a crack and say it would be 90% to team original .
                      For me personally, i absolutley adore original cars, but as far as driving goes, i would rather a bastardised hot rod any day of the week. we should all have at least one of each in the garage
                      sorry for the thread high jack!

Mickc

65’ 912/6
                      70’ 911T coupe
                      00’ MK1 GT3 CS​

Comment

Still for sale. Genuine offers considered, otherwise she goes into storage while we are away.

Comment

I'm back and this car is still for sale. I put it on the market intending to happily keep her if there was no interest at my asking price. I'm aware that many on this website prefer purer RHD drive cars, but each to his/her own. I find myself now wanting to move on to another project, so on the assumption there is interest but I'm slightly above market, offers are now invited. I don't mean silly low-ball ones, but I would prefer the car to go to an enthusiast even for less money, so that I can move on.

Those who have seen it confirm it is as described.

Roger

Comment

Undercarriage - for info
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Working...
                            X