2.0 Aluminium Case Rocking Horse Poop FS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.0 Aluminium Case Rocking Horse Poop FS

OK - I posted this was going to be for sale some months ago and never had a bunch of info or pics so here we go for exclusive fist dibs to members before I list it for sale on Ebay
    This engine was removed from my 911R (previously owned by Phil Lack) as I recently replaced it with a twin plug 2.3ltr Mark Poole built race engine .... just because
    This is a genuine 2.0 litre aluminium case engine mostly complete including equally rare Webers from a 911S
    The engine was working fine before removal by Harrisons RRR and was fully pressure tested and had a leak down on all cylinders. It showed it to be fair however in Spencer's opinion could use a freshen up.
    Leak Down numbers are available to those genuinely interested. Spencer ended up using a few parts on the new race engine transplant .... heres's a list of the few items now missing to complete the engine

The parts that are not there are:

Fiberglass fan shroud
    2 x Heater ducts for engine if heater is used will require different exhaust
    system or 1 x Left hand blanking plate,
    Accelerator cross shaft and 3 x ball socket linkages and rear rocker linkage
    on left hand carby,
    Left and right hand rear engine tin wear,

I'm asking $20k or nearest offer

I also have a matching 901 Gbox for sale

Call Mike 0412053567
    Attached Files

Any chance you can throw up some pics of the gorgeous blue 911R on another topic. Good luck with the sale, do you know what year the engine is?

Comment

Thanks Cairns888 I'll see about posting a thread on updates to the 911R - It has had a lot of work since acquiring it from Phil 3 years ago - Centre Fill tank, interior and wiring tidy up, body work, paint touch ups with Jason at Chequered Flag and now most recently a twin plug 2.3ltre Group N racing engine and drivetrain transplant at Harrison RRR. Lots of nice detail including Gold plated velocity stacks .... She is very pretty and has sting in her tail ! Not to mention the noise is absolutely addictive I'm not sure about the year of the engine (maybe 1969??) and figure that would be a question some of the 901 "numbers experts" could answer on this thread ?

Comment

Mag cases started early '68 - my car is April 1968 build and within first couple hundred mag cases I think.

Comment

It's a 67 model 911 engine case.
          Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Gold plated velocity stacks? Mmmmmmm interesting.

Comment

Working...
            X