TYP901 Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh no..... Need Right hand side head light parts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no..... Need Right hand side head light parts.

Hi Guys, I had just finished prepping my car for Saturday's show and shine then decided to take her for a short spin while running some errands. Unfortunately while braking my right hand side head light decided to part with the rest of the car. Fortunately no one ran over it as it slid over 4 lanes and into the gutter on the opposite side of the road. Obviously the glass is broken and the Chrome is beyond repair. Surprisingly every thing else, including the globes survived and are still serviceable. I'm hoping some one out there may have some glass lenses and Chrome surrounds they may wish to sell? Might be worth buying both items in pairs? Cheers
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Mick

Hi Mick.

I have a spare lens. PM me if you need it.

Cheers
    Adam

Comment

mick,
      if you can obtain an original chrome surround as the ones sold as kits on eBay etc from URO are pretty light weight by comparison.
      Craig
      12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
      1972 2.4E Targa project
      1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Originally posted by AdamGill View Post
        Hi Mick.

I have a spare lens. PM me if you need it.

Cheers
        Adam
        Thanks Adam, much appreciated.........unfortunately me being me....my impatient self has bought a set of lenses from Germany earlier this morning. I'm up most mornings before 4am and sadly placed my order before your reply at 6.18am which was extremely efficient. Thanks again
        Mick

Comment

Originally posted by epilot View Post
          mick,
          if you can obtain an original chrome surround as the ones sold as kits on eBay etc from URO are pretty light weight by comparison.
          Thanks for the heads up. I found a big variation in price across various websites and no guarantee of quality and whether it was genuine or not. So I've ended up purchasing directly from Porsche Melbourne.
          Last edited by Mick Case; 01-12-17, 07:44 PM.
          Mick

Comment

Mick I've got a chrome surround i'm happy to lend you while waiting for parts if you can hunt up a lense to use for Sunday. Cheers Julian

Comment

Thanks Julian, thats very kind. Unfortunately the show and shine is Saturday (this morning) I've run out of time......and I think my car is happy to stay in the garage this weekend.
              Mick

Comment

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                X