WTB Beige door cars and back trim for 1973 911T Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB Beige door cars and back trim for 1973 911T Coupe

Wanted to buy some beige interior trim for my 1973 911T Coupe. After 30 years and a super luck find my original Beige Comfort Seats have been reinstated into my car, unfortunately my car had been retrimmed in mostly grey away from the original Beige. My Grey carpet is as per original but I really need some door panels and rear panels in Beige to add some normality to the inside of my car. Any condition Beige trim would be considered, so I can put off the inevitable full retrim back a bit longer.
    Geoff@gapex.com.au
    0414 557 159

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

needle in a haystack stuff your searching for
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by ITS-911 View Post
        Wanted to buy some beige interior trim for my 1973 911T Coupe. After 30 years and a super luck find my original Beige Comfort Seats have been reinstated into my car, unfortunately my car had been retrimmed in mostly grey away from the original Beige. My Grey carpet is as per original but I really need some door panels and rear panels in Beige to add some normality to the inside of my car. Any condition Beige trim would be considered, so I can put off the inevitable full retrim back a bit longer.
        Geoff@gapex.com.au
        0414 557 159

Have you posted on Early 911S forum?

If I can find a complete original '68 red vinyl interior in new condition, a '73 beige interior minus seats is a cake walk.

Comment

Hi Geoff
          Nice work on finding the seats and great to see you getting into it. Some might chringe at the thought and you are probably already aware, but you can colour match or 'respray' the vinyl. Given youre just doing door trims etc this could be a good interim measure.
          Cheers
          Tom
          Tom Laube
          Instagram - #first_corner_fever

Porsche - '73 LHD 911T, '72 RHD 911T, '79 All Rounder SC
          VW - '60 Type1 Factory Sunroof, '64 Kombi

Comment

Most of what you need is here .... I think just the rear quarter and parcel shelf is different in the targa?

for sale is a non original interior (beige, tan, cinnamon) out of a 73 Targa 451899451898 Material is soft and smooth 2 doorpanels with perforation for speaker 2 rear side panels

Last edited by ELSPORTO; 30-04-18, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ELSPORTO View Post
              Most of what you need is here .... I think just the rear quarter and parcel shelf is different in the targa?

for sale is a non original interior (beige, tan, cinnamon) out of a 73 Targa 451899451898 Material is soft and smooth 2 doorpanels with perforation for speaker 2 rear side panels
              only problem is they are not actually 72/73 vinyl pattern so he may as well just get what he has re trimmed rather than pay over the top and ship it half way around the world
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President

Comment

and yes parcel shelf and rear 1/4 are different in Targas to coupes.
                Clyde Boyer
                TYP 901 Register Inc.
                President

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post

only problem is they are not actually 72/73 vinyl pattern so he may as well just get what he has re trimmed rather than pay over the top and ship it half way around the world
                  You mean they have been retrimmed?

Comment

I can see that I may be up for a retrim in the near future. I tried to track down the trimmer who many years ago changed it, hoping he may have kept the original Beige removed pieces - he has passed away...........

Comment

You mean they have been retrimmed?
                      Absolutely, they do not have 72/73 vinyl on them which is what Geoff is after.

Although by the looks of the headrest shape and vinyl on the seats he just put in it is likely they are re trimmed too so it maybe doesn't matter so much.
                      Clyde Boyer
                      TYP 901 Register Inc.
                      President

Comment

Eagle eye Clyde!

I reckon a post on ESR would scare up an OG interior in no time, if that's what Geoff is after.

Comment

Eagle eye Clyde!

I reckon a post on ESR would scare up an OG interior in no time, if that's what Geoff is after.
                          Don't think so, there are guys been trying to piece together sets of these for what seems like forever.

72/73 vinyl is very different from previous years, grain is totally different.
                          Clyde Boyer
                          TYP 901 Register Inc.
                          President

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post

Don't think so, there are guys been trying to piece together sets of these for what seems like forever.

72/73 vinyl is very different from previous years, grain is totally different.
                            Vinyl grain / colour is the bane of my existence .... no solution to my '68 red vinyl and I can't afford $15,000 for the complete set out of the UK a guy has .... looks like I'm going to all leather interior instead.

At least it will smell nice.

Comment

Vinyl grain / colour is the bane of my existence .... no solution to my '68 red vinyl and I can't afford $15,000 for the complete set out of the UK a guy has .... looks like I'm going to all leather interior instead.

At least it will smell nice.
                              I’m the same, I try to get the front to match the back but I don’t get so worried about left to right coz I figure that harder to pick.

Comment

Working...
                              X