FS-1971 911E Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS-1971 911E Project

So I have decided to move this project on....I think.
    Before I advertise to the great unwashed I thought I would give it a run here to see if there is any interest or feedback.

1971 911E Aussie Delivered numbers matching.
    I purchased it last year completely disassembled after being painted in grand prix white where it sat in a garage for 20 years.
    It had an aftermarket sunroof and rear flares, the sunroof has been in filled with a fenn lane panel and the rear flares replaced with correct narrow ones.
    The car was sandblasted back to bare metal and repainted in it's original Conda Green.

Did I mention completely disassembled, this includes the engine which was in 3 plastic tubs.
    The engine is currently undergoing rebuild at Autowerks, case has been line bored and time certed, hardware plated but still needs plenty of work to be done. Simon at Autowerks can provide more detail.

Rebuilt S calipers have been added to the front and rear calipers rebuilt. Brake lines replaced.
    Original wiring harness is complete however front need to be refitted.
    Refurbed flat 6s sourced from the US with new Pirelli CN36 tyres.

To my knowledge nearly all of the original parts are there including some new parts that I bought, door handles, badges, cables , bushes, some rubbers etc.
    Original H1s are currently being refurbed by John Audette and I also tracked down a correct blaupunkt radio.
    There are no front seats, carpets or door cards or door pockets but the hard to get handles are there.

It owes me $105k so that is the price which includes the engine in it's current state.
    If I can't recoup what I have spent then I will complete it but surely there is someone out there with a desire to get into a good project.
    My estimate for myself is that it's about $30k from being finished, that is with me doing nearly all the work except for the engine rebuild and fitting the engine .
    If a prospective purchaser has the ability to do engine work as well then it would be less.

Anyway it's set to be a great car, most of the hard work is done but there is still enough left to do to give a sense of satisfaction upon completion and there is still a buck in it if you want look at it from an investment perspective.

0418689252 if you are interested and want to have a chat about it.

Cheers
    Ash
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    Last edited by Ashbaxter; 04-06-18, 04:42 PM.
    1971 911E
    1993 964 30 Jahre 'Jubilee' Edition Looking for engine 6218087

GLWS Ash - $105k is a steal for what will be a $200k plus car if done right. The colour alone is worth the price of entry
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcop View Post
      GLWS Ash - $105k is a steal for what will be a $200k plus car if done right. The colour alone is worth the price of entry
      yeah i'd agree with that... even if a buyer had to pay someone to put it back together... say $50k from being finished instead, that's a fair bit left on the table even if you conservatively said it was a $180-$200k car once complete.
      Richard Griffiths
      1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Thanks for the positive feedback guys
        1971 911E
        1993 964 30 Jahre 'Jubilee' Edition Looking for engine 6218087

Comment

Timing is not quite right for me otherwise I would be very interested.

Comment

Would like to view the car and receive a list if one is prepared of what stage its up to what items are there and what is needed to complete.

Comment

Working...
            X