Wtd - door handle trigger for 70/71

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wtd - door handle trigger for 70/71

I recently broke the trigger on my door handle, so I need to get a replacement...
    Does anyone have a ratty old door handle that they are happy to part with? Needs to be chrome to suit 70/71.

Thanks!

Scotty
    I have a complete 73 one - not ratty though (a couple of pock marks on chrome but otherwise great condition) that I have held in case I break a trigger - plug and play but as a 73 mine has a vertical key hole - the 70 is horizontal isn't it?

Still the lock mechanism should come straight out to fix that
    Mine is a LHS one so the pock marks are on the top if put on LHS but if internal mechanism changed and put on RHS the chrome work is like new

I can post pics later
    Not sure how much it is worth though - cant remember what i paid for it as I got it with other things at the time
    hugh

IMG_0434 (2).jpgIMG_0435 (2).jpgIMG_0436 (2).jpg
    Last edited by HughH; 30-01-20, 07:18 PM.
    Hugh Hodges
    1973 E
    Australian TYP 901 Register #005
    Early 911S Register #776

Comment

I think I may have a trigger, not the same as Hugh's but I think earlier door handles had a different trigger set up anyway. More of a slide up and down mechanism rather than the pin style in Hugh's pics
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Couple of options for you Scott I think the black one may well chrome up better than the coroded one

Looks like the trigger is the same all the way through but the mechanism it operates changes.

2020-02-01 15.29.56.jpg2020-02-01 15.30.10.jpg
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President

Comment

Free by the way
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President

Comment

Thanks very much for your posts guys. Hugh you should keep that handle - sure as eggs if you sell if yours will break!

Clyde - I'll take you up on your kind offer, and will call you about it.

Comment

All sorted - thanks Typ901!

Comment

Working...
              X