Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front fenders wanted

Hi all,

i'm looking for a pair of front fenders in steel.

LWB pre '73 would be ideal but some post '73 would be fine as the turn signal housings are in decent shape.

thanks
    Craig
    12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
    1972 2.4E Targa project
    1973 911 2.4E for the road

Originally posted by epilot View Post
    Hi all,

i'm looking for a pair of front fenders in steel.

LWB pre '73 would be ideal but some post '73 would be fine as the turn signal housings are in decent shape.

thanks
    found, thanks.
    Craig
    1972 2.4E Targa project

Comment

Hi Craig

How did you go with front fenders? I assume by fender you also refer to front guards or front 1/4 panel? I'm currently try ascertain the price of a right side front guard for some panel work. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
      Paul

Targa 2.4E Signal Yellow

Comment

Paul, did you contact Jason at Chequered Flag (see web link above as there are sponsors) as he may have a guard available or knwo where to get one.

As Craig says, if your turn signal housing on the damage one is still intact, then it can be cut out and welded onto a late model guard from a G series car as these guards are readily available.
        sigpicPhil Lack
        TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
        Early 911-S Registry # 690
        R-Gruppe # 367
        '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
        '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
        2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
        1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Paul,

have purchased 2nd hand early guards for $750 each.

ZAG Automotive in Sydney offered me late guards with early turn signal housings for $1000 side.

Aporshapart offered late guards at $800/ side.
          Craig
          1972 2.4E Targa project

Comment

Thanks for your tips guys. This forum is too good.

The panel shop indicated to me Aporsche Apart wanted on or about $1100 for the front right hand guard which was corroded around the front bottom end. I instructed them to send it back.

I called Chequered and he indicated a couple of options. Very helpful indeed. However, it was decided in the end the guard could be repaired.

I've kicked in a few extra bucks to respray the whole car so that there isn't any colour matching issues.

A remaining dilemma is the left side seal mould on the bottom between the two wheels. The goose who had the car before me sprayed them black. The right one will be replaced with an anodised one [as it should be] by the insurance which leaves the left one up to me to supply. I don't think it can be stripped back to metal as they would have keyed up the surface to get the paint to stick.

How much should I expect to pay for a good one second hand of merchantable quality?
            Paul

Targa 2.4E Signal Yellow

Comment

Paul, the mouldings are pretty cheap through pelican (I'm assuming its the aluminium rocker cover strip?) - from memory only around $100 a side for the entire piece (but I could be wrong!). Problem is that they don't ship this part to Aust (I suspect as it's relatively fragile). I'm trying to find a decent local source - mine a pretty battered and a couple of second hands ones if seen look the same.

Rennspeed do ship some of the aluminium pieces across. I was just quoted US$125 for the aluminium rear licence panel, plus around US$50 shipping. Seems pretty reasonable (although a reproduction piece). I'll check on the side moulding.

Ash

Comment

Working...
              X