TYP901 Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know this 1970 91T for sale in Sydney ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know this 1970 91T for sale in Sydney ?

saw this listed on CarSales today:

A Blutorange '70T LHD.

Price seems optimistic.

sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

what are your thoughts on where the price should be?

Comment

He is a forum member.

Comment

$162.500

Comment

I dunno... Doesn’t really seem like that crazy a price to start at... maybe only a little?

say there’s a 20% discount for being LHD... puts it competing with RHD cars at about ~$200k...?

seems like an ok point to start negotiating? Gotta start somewhere, and you can’t really put the price up once you start!!
          Richard Griffiths
          1970 911T 2.8

Comment

LHD hang around forever, low price or high price ,the issue is LHD

Comment

Originally posted by Blue1 View Post
              Yep, it’s certainly an issue for some...
              Richard Griffiths
              1970 911T 2.8

Comment

This discussion (argument) was had many years ago on this Forum. When you drive a LHD 911, you suddenly understand why all the controls are positioned where they are. Trunk lid, fuel lid and engine lid knobs all on the drivers side. Radio on/off knob easy for drivers to access (on most euro radios), and on 1972 models, oil tank positioned opposite driver for better weight distribution.

I used to find switching to a LHD 911 was very natural and with a 5 spd gearbox, 5th gear was well out of the way of your leg when on a long highway drive. For a RHD car, your left leg often rested against the gear lever which could be annoying.

But I do agree with Richard in that LHD cars are valued lower in this market but original LHD is probably better than converted LHD to RHD as it can be argued that the world market for original LHD cars is far larger. As cars here in Australia seem far better preserved than in some countries due to our climate, collectors in years to come may well seek out these cars no matter where they are.
                sigpicPhil Lack
                TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                Early 911-S Registry # 690
                R-Gruppe # 367
                '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Blue1 View Post
                  Certainly never been an issue for the LHD cars I have sold.

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
                    This discussion (argument) was had many years ago on this Forum. When you drive a LHD 911, you suddenly understand why all the controls are positioned where they are. Trunk lid, fuel lid and engine lid knobs all on the drivers side. Radio on/off knob easy for drivers to access (on most euro radios), and on 1972 models, oil tank positioned opposite driver for better weight distribution.

I used to find switching to a LHD 911 was very natural and with a 5 spd gearbox, 5th gear was well out of the way of your leg when on a long highway drive. For a RHD car, your left leg often rested against the gear lever which could be annoying.

But I do agree with Richard in that LHD cars are valued lower in this market but original LHD is probably better than converted LHD to RHD as it can be argued that the world market for original LHD cars is far larger. As cars here in Australia seem far better preserved than in some countries due to our climate, collectors in years to come may well seek out these cars no matter where they are.
                    very valid points and well said, hadn't thought of all of them myself!

Comment

There are a lot of great LHD cars of most makes you can think of being sold here in Australia

I too find driving a left hand drive easier (except when entering boom gated car parks !!!) Seems more natural somehow.
                      Clyde Boyer
                      TYP 901 Register Inc.
                      President
                      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

I owned a couple of Corvette's a 1972 454 big block coupe and a 1962 V8 convertible, both LHD and with non exceptional brakes and handling, and both capable of a good turn of acceleration and top speed. The problem I had was at the time we were living in Kilmore on the Northern Highway a hilly windy section of road used by lot of large trucks coming off the Hume and along the single lane Northern Hwy from Echuca as well as the precast concrete works in Kilmore Industrial Estate and found it quit scary trying to find a passing opportunity when stuck behind one , and making the pass. I bought them with me to Dromana for a few years and the driving experience was more cruising style and thus a lot more relaxed.
                        Last edited by klasikcis; 18-12-20, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X