Gumtree Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gumtree Engine

Not mine, but needs to be advertised here. Interesting to note engine removed for electric conversion……..hmmm
    Porsche 911 20L Engine, Weber Carbs, Exhaust, Oil, Fuel Tank and more I am selling off the parts not needed for my 1969 Porsche 912 restomod I am not a ..., 1294526888
    Kane Kennedy
    Typ 901 Register #204
    71 911E Metallic Green

I noticed the same thing Kane. At first I thought ooh a complete engine upgrade for my 912, but then also reminded me I like the idea of electric too. However, I imagine going electric is a $50k+ upgrade.

Comment

Seems like a lot of bits for the money provided the engine isnt too far gone and only a straightforward rebuild (without needing P & C's.
      Hopefully the engine number matches someones car but would be nice to know where the engine swap from the 4 cyl 912 powerplant happened in order to try to track down where the new 6 cyl motor came from. If t was done in WA, there are a few workshops one could call to see if anyone remembers.

sigpicPhil Lack
      TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
      Early 911-S Registry # 690
      R-Gruppe # 367
      '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
      '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
      2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
      1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Does anyone know what the price on this was? I'm trying to get an idea to ask for mine.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveS1 View Post
          I noticed the same thing Kane. At first I thought ooh a complete engine upgrade for my 912, but then also reminded me I like the idea of electric too. However, I imagine going electric is a $50k+ upgrade.

Last time I looked there was a complete bolt in kit from ZeroEV (currently only for G-series so may not fit)... Large Tesla motor (450hp) and 200mi range... GBP55k.

Suspect A$50k is a bit light to do it...?

Richard Griffiths
          1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Working...
          X