19mm Soft Socket 3/4" drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

19mm Soft Socket 3/4" drive

Hi all. Can anyone point me in the right directions for the above. I would like to buy locally (Aust). Most of the outlets, I've called know of the 19mm soft socket but don't carry them. They're ideal for tightening up your early 911 Fuchs aluminium wheel nuts that you have just repainted and don't want to damage them with a regular 19mm socket. Many thanks.

Know the problem well, but not heard of what you are looking for.

I bought a new set of nuts 2 years ago ($25.00ea) and put our local newspaper plastic bag over the nut to protect.
    My mechanic is instructed to do the same.

When it comes to a tyre change I take the wheels in 2 at a time so no rattle guns used.

Having said all of that the flats are perfect but the occasional mark on the corners (turrets?) as they are quite "sharp"

imho

Comment

I bought one of the aluminum ones from pelican and would not recommend it . It still damages anodising. Get a nylon one or use masking tape.
      Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

This was a freebie from Sierra Madre.
        Peter D

TYP901# 233
        911T Coupe 68
        911E Targa 73
        911E Coupe 72 (sold)
        1974 BMW 3.0cs (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew911E2.4 View Post
          Hi all. Can anyone point me in the right directions for the above. I would like to buy locally (Aust). Most of the outlets, I've called know of the 19mm soft socket but don't carry them. They're ideal for tightening up your early 911 Fuchs aluminium wheel nuts that you have just repainted and don't want to damage them with a regular 19mm socket. Many thanks.
          Problem is Andrew nuts are not meant to be painted, originals are black anodised and more resiliant than a painted version. I have only ever found overseas vendors for these.
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President
          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Peter D

TYP901# 233
            911T Coupe 68
            911E Targa 73
            911E Coupe 72 (sold)
            1974 BMW 3.0cs (sold)

Comment