Wtb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wtb

Looking for a drivers side front strut to suit 1972 with S caliper and koni insert - I'm told that SC / early 80's are same ...

I am not up to speed with 72s (am on t&e) ,what brand is the one you have or the left hand side?
    Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Ahh David - welcome.....

The SC items do fit, as I had some on the front of my swb 68....

I did have the original struts and discs and s calipers off my swb - but sold them about a year ago. But I think swb calipers are different to lwb?

Does Grant and Tim have any of these bits in their lollie shop ?

Justin
      Justin Reed
      aka Reedminor
      1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
      1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
      1961 356B #114700
      Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Hi Justin,
        been right through Grant and Tim's Lollie shop without any luck, Stan might be able to assist with straightening the one I have.
        Will give Clyde a call and see if he has any suggestions - have another couple of people to contact so fingers crossed

Comment

Hi mrar,
          The strut/leg is a Koni type with S caliper.... not sure if has an actual brand

Comment

Pretty sure sc has boge with koni insert if that's the way you want to go.
            let me know what you have on the car, maybe able to help with koni strut off my 72e that has s ali caliper.
            Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Ha,
              I posted at almost same time as you...
              Will check tomorrow what side I have and come back to you.
              Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Hi David,
                I knew I had mismatched front struts on this car (73e), just couldn't recall off top of my head what side was koni. Planned to swap out for the pair of koni I changed out of my 72t when fitting bilstein raised spindle on that car.
                Anyway, the driver side has boge, passenger koni, not what your ideally searching for.
                If you have no luck sourcing koni and want the boge (rhs) in the image, let me know and we might be able to work a deal.
                20230901_071340.jpg 20230901_071435.jpg
                I did some research last night and found this image on ms road race site, but when clicking on it comes up with error. Might be worth contacting them and seeing if they still have them?
                Rgds
                Sean 20230831_212108.jpg
                Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Hi Sean, Really appreciate your assistance - that Boge strut just might work. I'll check and come back to you, thanks also for the link to the Koni struts.
                  Have sent my bent strut up to Stan Adler to see if his friendly engineer can straighten it

thanks again David

Comment

Hi Sean,
                    I'm keen on that boge strut if it suits the "S" type caliper - approx 89mm between mounting bolt centers
                    please let me know if available and what sort of $$
                    many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dece72 View Post
                      Hi Sean,
                      I'm keen on that boge strut if it suits the "S" type caliper - approx 89mm between mounting bolt centers
                      please let me know if available and what sort of $$
                      many thanks
                      It is, has s caliper mounted atm.
                      Send me pm with your email or mobile please and we will go from there.

20230913_081914.jpg
                      Last edited by mrar; 13-09-23, 10:20 AM. Reason: Pic
                      Aus del 68 911S

Comment

finally found time
                        Last edited by mrar; 31-12-23, 02:18 PM.
                        Aus del 68 911S

Comment

20231231_110536.jpg 20231231_110600.jpg
                          Aus del 68 911S

Comment

I dont know what is wrong with forum, removes my txt when posting.
                            so writing txt here again.....finally fitted/painted the matching koni pair out of 72t into e after selling the driver side boge to David.
                            Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Working...
                            X