WTB: Internal and External trim for 1973 T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Internal and External trim for 1973 T

So ... an engine rebuild, due to lack of use in COVID, has led to underside and internal ice / sand blasting to expose the original body, and with only the seats and the glass left in the car I am now heading down the path of a full resto! (you can stop laughing now Clyde!).

The good news is engine / gearbox / running gear stripped, blasted, and powdercoated; repair panels ordered, and car now booked into the body shop for the week after next .

So what do i need?

All external trim including chrome, overriders, rubbers, seals etc (I believe all the glass will go back in)
    All internal trim, carpets, door cards + pockets etc, switches headliners etc (I have seats, gauges, radio); Dash - about to be pulled and understand the Dash Dr has closed

I thought I would come to the forum first as I am sure like me you have parts squiralled away and may want to move them on!

Also please, please, please provide any advice you have (other than take out a 2nd mortgage ) as I have never done this before.

Cheers
    Adam (based in Melbourne)

Take out a 3rd morgage.

You can get a half decent RHD dash from Design 911 in the UK needs some fettling and is far from perfect but has a removable speaker with holes that line up and overall way better than Dashboard Dr terrible reskins.

Porsche sell the best door pockets
    Porsche sell the best fitting external trims also
    Porsche sell the best rubbers
    Carpets should be Hargaan deluxe comes in either Charcoal or brown as close to original as is available

Your trimmer should be able to make you door cards that will work and handle any internal and carpet trimming.
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

IMG_3872.jpg Thanks Clyde!

Let the bankruptcy commence.

Cheers
      Adam

Comment

I’m also part way through a full restoration of a 1971 T, Albert Blue with a tan interior, and brown carpet. Unfortunately the interior has been replaced so I have non original seats and blue carpet.

Clyde, in the post above you mentioned Hargaan deluxe brown​ carpet. Do you know of anyone that has carpet sets already made using this carpet or is this just a reference to the carpet that should be used?

cheers,
        David

Comment

Originally posted by Nimbus_F3 View Post
          I’m also part way through a full restoration of a 1971 T, Albert Blue with a tan interior, and brown carpet. Unfortunately the interior has been replaced so I have non original seats and blue carpet.

Clyde, in the post above you mentioned Hargaan deluxe brown​ carpet. Do you know of anyone that has carpet sets already made using this carpet or is this just a reference to the carpet that should be used?

cheers,
          David
          Just the carpet that should be used if the car has the deluxe interior
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President
          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Regarding dashboard re-skinning and repair, I just found out that The Dashboard Doctor has left Coburg and moved to Boronia under new ownership. This might improve quality but yet to find out. I have had my dash and console retrimmed by another company up in Bendigo, however it ha taken a long time due to "issues" discovered once te old skin was removed. Seemed it needed major work on the core which took a year to get right. all that said, this guy has done an excellent job and now awaiting the centre console before refitting. This guy says he does other dashboards and has done Porsche work. Just a bit of a hassle whipping to and from Dendigo.

Can post details if anyone interested to get a quote from him.
            sigpicPhil Lack
            TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
            Early 911-S Registry # 690
            R-Gruppe # 367
            '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
            '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
            2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
            1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Nimbus_F3 View Post

cheers,
              David
              Sounds like my car

Attached Files
              '71 911 T 2.7
              TYP 901 Register #16
              Early 911S Register #2460
              Looking for engine # 6112862

Comment

Working...
              X