Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wtb

Hi members,
    Looking for a set of LWB front indicator housings.
    Please let me know if you have some for sale.
    Kind Regards
    Nick

Geez mate your car must of been a forward date or something ,missing lots of original parts.
    Way to go, good effort to bring back.
    Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Hi Sean,
      The car was nearly complete when purchased, missing some bits and other bits just need replacing from age.
      She is undergoing a full bare body restoration.Trying hard to use original where I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicko View Post
        Hi Sean,
        The car was nearly complete when purchased, missing some bits and other bits just need replacing from age.
        She is undergoing a full bare body restoration.Trying hard to use original where I can.
        cool.
        Look forward to seeing the before/after shots once finished.
        Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Hi Nick
          Not sure how the seach is going but I had this saved in my watchlist
          Object: Porsche 911 F model Bosch indicator housing original For dealers from abroad (Europe) with a sales tax ID number, you also have the option of paying net. If you pay by PayPal, you will be refunded the VAT after checking the number. In the auction price, the price incl. be VAT, please check. This is not possible with differential taxation according to §25a. - Please refer to the XXL pictures for the condition of the items Our Address and contact details see the below legal information, there you must"Complete information" click! You need other parts for your 911 or 912 have 2500 sqm warehouse full of Porsche 911 parts from 1965-1989! Would you like to exchange or sell parts? We are constantly looking for spare parts for Porsche 911 912 356 964 993 stock clearances or restoration de.

It looks pretty good and has the correct, I think city lights, for our ROW cars ? (CLyde) What I would say is buying it sight unseen there is chance
          the bulb housing could be worn beyond use which I've found in otherwise visually ok units. I do wonder if your money is better spent on one of the
          good repro housings and look for NOS indicator lenses ?
          HTH
          Craig
          12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
          1972 2.4E Targa project
          1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

I looked at this sellers ebay store listing and makes me wish I had held onto many of the original parts I used to have, given the prices he is asking.
            The problem with most old indicators is the housing get corroded and the silver reflectors are in poor condition. If you can strip them down and get them re-silvered (?) this might work, but as Craig says, the bulb holders are also often damaged and are hard to rebuild. Also be careful of repo lenses as there are vastly different qualities when buying new. If you buy off US ebay, lens colours will all be wrong too (no amber in lens).

For repro lenses, try Carpoint.de and Sportwagen eckert (also geman) for reasonable quality - altough havent seen their products lately. Most repros are made in Italy and none with correct marking (Bosch).
            sigpicPhil Lack
            TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
            Early 911-S Registry # 690
            R-Gruppe # 367
            '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
            '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
            2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
            1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Craig et el

That unit looks OK but the wiring is stuffed (buy a new Kroon Wiring loom) as is the plastic piece that is supposed to keep water out of the unit (not available anywhere that I know of).

Yes Craig extra light for all most Euro cars including us.

I should have charged him more for the one good one I have
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President
              Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
              X