Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

904 GTS for sale in Victoria

Hi Lads

I notice Ken Price's 904GTS is for sale http://www.pcv.com.au/PorscheClubs/p...19C0EC#pagetop

From memory I think this may be a replica? Anyone know what he's asking? It'll be too much for me - but I'd love to know. A 904GTS would be the first car I purchase if I won lotto!
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

The car is a replica, made in the UK, however Ken does his best to pass it off as real!

We had one exactly the same and sold it a couple of years ago. Great car, but you had to learn how to drive it, and there is bugger all room inside it!
    Alex Webster
    A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

john

maybe you should ask if ken still has his teener? that was a pretty sorted thing from memory.

also, johnno webb's silver teener is for sale in qld. its a four pot but it has had a immaculate ($70k?) restoration. i think he's asking low 20's.

Comment

Red 914/6 of Ken's is sold!

Apparently the guy who bought it stripped it and rebuilt it all over again!!
        Alex Webster

Comment

If its a replica how on earth did he manage to get historic plates for it?
          Justin Reed
          aka Reedminor
          1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
          1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
          1961 356B #114700
          Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Originally posted by reedminor View Post
            If its a replica how on earth did he manage to get historic plates for it?
            you saying no historic plates for it from pcnsw?

Comment

I'd guess he didn't mention it at the time of registration (some time ago)... Seriously who'd know to argue?

I know it's harder now, as RTA/VicRoads/Qld Transport are aware that there are very accurate reproductions out there and subject to smog/safety rules. This one is in the system and unlikely to be checked again, that's what makes it attractive!
              John Forcier
              1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
              1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
              Restoration Saga
              1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Not sure what you mean by historic plates howvere they are Club plates and are easy to get for almost any car providing you conform to the regualations of how and when you can drive the car
                Clyde Boyer
                TYP 901 Register Inc.
                President
                Early S Register Member #294

Comment

I thought the car has to be 25 years or older.
                  GroupS 76 3.0 Carrera http://typ901.org/showthread.php?t=4220

Comment

That's correct... in NSW the cars need to be 30 years or older.

Its a difficult one... but I don't think I'd grant the car historic plates in NSW on the age criteria alone. Is it really 5 years old, 10 years old? A real 904 is 44 years old, so there'd be no problem.

I haven't seen the car, but I saw the one the Websters had, and its very good. While it is full of Porsche parts, its a very good replica at the end of the day, not a real car.

I know there is all sorts of stuff going on in Europe (with equally strong views for and against) about continuation GT40's and Chevrons and the like getting eligility certificates for historic racing events like Goodwood, so its a really vexed question.
                    Justin Reed
                    aka Reedminor
                    1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                    1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                    1961 356B #114700
                    Instagram: reedminor

Comment

doesn't this 904 have "original" body number?? I believe the body was produced by martin and walker

Comment

the original body number is a Porsche 911 body number that they generally wrecked and then used so they could register the car as a Porsche.

Original yes, in that it was a Porsche number, but a 911, not 904!!
                        Alex Webster

Comment

From a historic plate point of view, if a replica is 30 years old and in this case if the body number is from a 30+ year old car, does it comply? I'm not sure if there were 904 replicas around that long ago. There were certainly lots of other kit cars in the 70s.
                          Jeff Eelkema
                          TYP 901 #132
                          S-Reg #1431
                          69E (project)
                          various bevel Ducatis
                          60s Vespa

Comment

I guess this is a bit more than semantics!! When can a Martin and Walker 904 fibreglass recreaction/kit qualify as "original" if there is little original parts from a 904 to begin with? hmmm

Comment

Working...
                            X