Repair (rust) panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repair (rust) panels

Does anyone have either NOS, after market repair panels tucked away?? Will also happily take excellent used bits of a car.

Need the following:

Front suspension pan & tank support

complete floor pans

front firewall

rear lid and bonnet

Sunroof clip

will purchase the remains of an entire car if someone has it in their yard and their lovely partner...doesn't!

thanks Michel

Check with our Club sponsors - links in banners above.
    Peter Williams #049
    Secretary TYP901
    1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

I have been doing that as well.. thought i'd try here as too...anyone with an SC front end too sell

Comment

Need the following:

Front suspension pan & tank support

complete floor pans

front firewall

rear lid and bonnet

Sunroof clip

don't take this the wrong way - but that is a ton of work. is it really worth saving?

Comment

Read my mind Ryan
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President
          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

I have decided to replace the entire floor sections and need to replace part of the fire wall not all etc. Having said that once the interior and underside is cleaned up you never know I will assess then.

The external body is good and i will be doing the majority of the panel work. Not too concerned with a concourse level of originality during the rebuild as this is a converted cat to begin with

Bu then again if anyone knows of an immaculate 912 let me know

Comment

Will it be ready for our Thredbo trip in a couple of months ?
              Peter Williams #049
              Secretary TYP901
              1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

michel

i think the fact that you will be doing the majority of the panel work makes the project worthwhile. i would love to have a go at something like that but lack time, space, skill, bravery (insert more here...) etc etc. good luck!

Comment

thanks for the encouragement...will keep you posted as to when I begin (february) and with progress shots...hmm ready for thredbo next year, though I would happily ride my duke.

I have been reading up on panel work and cam e across a number of threads where they were using epoxy and rivets to bond the repair panels rather than weld in. May the gods preserve us. I am sure that this works on Lotus Audi et al but for cars not designed for this? Lets hope they don't epoxy the suspension pans in place

Again if anyone knows of another 912 let me know - it cannot be RED!

Also looking for 912 heads and a type 4 motor - anyone?

Comment

Working...
                  X