Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

550 spyder anyone?

EBAY item number 150324782097

above is the link. In a mad fit I bought a black 550 Spyder replica as 'parts' with a friend for some motorsport use - friend has backed out of the plan and I am unsure whether I wish to go it alone. Hence a possible sale - though I am sure when i see it on the docks I will get all fuzzy...

It comes shipped with no motor gearbox wheels. Though some may be supplied if I choose to sell it. Is a chamonix built car and is on its way from O/S I have listed it on Ebay to see if there is any interest.

Anyone want a 550?
    Michel
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Michel; 03-02-09, 07:35 PM. Reason: image upload

Was this car bought ex USA ? ifso, how come its RHD ?
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

i would love a toy like this... but sadly the tatts winnings haven't come through as planned yet!!!
      Richard Griffiths
      1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Hi bought it from NZ a chamonix built car they like a few others also will make a RHD. Plan was to have it built as an ICV.

If anyone is feeling real flush at the moment there is a beautiful Mcrae built black Spyder on trade me - but it is $68,000.00 . gulp.

How about the idea this spyder become the typ 901 track car day. In fact this could be done with a number of cars somewhat like the Classic Car groups where you becoome a member for a fee and then pay a yearly fee which gives credits towards use of a bunck of nice cars....good idea!!! Say 10 or more people chip in becomes a cheap way to have some occasional fun. Bit like shared yacht ownership or less fun sharing ownership of a lawn mower with a neighbour

Comment

apologies about spelling a little dyslexic

Comment

It would still be possible to build this as a ICV if you're happy running a late Subaru motor...
            John Forcier
            1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
            1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
            Restoration Saga
            1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Congrats too John!!!!!!!!

Would be happy to run a Subi, that was the likely plan EJ25 or if track only i had lined up the last Type 4 motor that Bob Mowbray (Finke Rally fame) had been running. 2.9 litre stroker, motor dry sumped, EFI etc...just probably one too many things on the go at the moment. It would have worked if my friend had not backed out.

What did anyone think about the idea of TYP 901 forum having a pool of track/fun cars?

Comment

Michel, I think the idea of having a pool of cars goes somewhat outside the guidelines of what the register was established for. Not to mention the insurance, liability issues, etc, etc.

Oh, and the money too, could present a bit of a problem.....
                sigpicPhil Lack
                TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                Early 911-S Registry # 690
                R-Gruppe # 367
                '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

ahhhh money...was just an idea not good for all or none. A bit fuzzy on the rules for typ 901 on this, but thanks for the clarification

Though it has been done before, though there are clear logistical issues that can become an impediment. The biggest is usually the people in the syndicate group not being well aligned. Basing it around a membership scheme is one clear way that others have used to begin to build a successful business model.

Comment

Phil was being kind, we don't have the money and we don't want to do it!!!!
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President
                    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Clyde bad hair day?

Comment

Working...
                      X