RHD 73 S Targa Price Check??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RHD 73 S Targa Price Check??????

Can anyone enlighten me (Clyde ) . as to possible values for RHD OZ delivered 73S - yellow in colour?

Haven't seen it yet - next week. Believed one owner past 25 years not started in 10-12 years. All original except the repaint though done in factory same paint.

Will also get numbers so someone may help to ascertain whether it is original RHD or S for that matter.

Thanks michel

Hmm well it will depend on what it really is, is it numbers matching, is it manual as if my memory is correct they bought in more sporto targas than manuals, how much rust is in it andbelieve me it will be rusty, you just have to find it.

When you have all the details I may be able to put a price on its head for you.

One just like this, wink, wink sold for $149,500 not too long ago

I know of another 2.4S Targa for sale if you email me I can pass on details for you

That would be light yellow I guess my favourite Porsche colour

clyde@the-boyers.biz
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Terminator; 26-02-09, 10:16 PM.
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

I am surprised at the reference to an Australian delivered RHD 73S targa - in yellow - sporto or otherwise.

I thought that there were only 4 5 speed cars (three of which have been for sale in recent years):
      2 silver metallic (Clyde might know one really well)
      one light ivory (with very rare ski racks)
      and one sepia (the only one that has not been for sale recently so far as I am aware)
      there were two sportos
      one gulf orange - now red - that was the subject of some discussion a while ago and now belongs to a board member
      and one silver

there were however 2 light yellow and one signal yellow 73E targa 5 speeds
      and one light yellow and two signal yellow 73E sportos
      Hugh Hodges
      1973 E
      Australian TYP 901 Register #005
      Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Hi Hugh
        thanks for the info. I haven't seen the car as yet. Will record all the relevant details and put it on the forum for comment. All I can say presently is the current owner (25yrs) says it is a 'yellow' S Targa.

z

Comment

I think I've found the sepia one in Sydney Hugh... saw it last weekend. At least the car had an S badge on it!

I might be back where I saw it tomorrow ... and will get chassis number.

I know there is a 2.4E Targa in light yellow (with some delectable options) coming together after a long resto... it was found in a Kennards storage facility many years ago.
          Justin Reed
          aka Reedminor
          1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
          1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
          1961 356B #114700
          Instagram: reedminor

Comment

small world - i think i looked at buying that sepia targa S about 10 or so years ago.

i was barely out of my car when the owner started defending the colour (great in the sun, great when really clean etc) - i hadn't even mentioned the colour!

i think he had been getting a hard time from potential purchasers.

i recall that it was then it pretty good order. i passed as i was looking for a coupe. (which i later found - now marcus' orange 2.2E)

justin - ask him if it for sale on my behalf! i wonder if the RTA would let me have POO.911 number plates???

ps. does anyone have any recent pre 73 sales data? my view is that there seems to be a HUGE disconnect between asking prices (most still at their 6 months ago peak) and what i would expect a reasonable person would expect to pay at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by OBRUT View Post

ps. does anyone have any recent pre 73 sales data?

Ryan, yep! I think your silver car is worthy $50k, so I will offer you $55k and lets make a deal!!
              Alex Webster
              A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

i thought it might make a nice wedding gift for you two but sonja declined. oh well.

Comment

that's it, the wedding is off! She is meant to have my best interests at heart - that is in the vows insn't it??

"Thow shall allow multiple Porsche's without any objection"
                  Alex Webster
                  A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Hugh

You jogged my memory

15x1973 2.4 S cars, 9 coupes and 6 Targas (4 manual, 2 sporto)

So looks like we have accounted for both Aussie delivery Targas one orange one sepia, so perhaps its is correct but not Aussie delivery.

Michel will enlighten us soon with chassis numbers
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President

Comment

Maybe its a yellow poraga...will post numbers next week

Comment

Well ???
                        Clyde Boyer
                        TYP 901 Register Inc.
                        President

Comment

Will be looking at the car this Thursday evening....

Comment

new info S targa

looked at the car 8pm in the shed.

a light mid yellow colour - repainted 15-20 years ago original colour. small blemishes on front edge of bonnet. some other small marks, a paint crack and small rust blemishes minor. Bit of rust around jack points. Pan appears clean and straight. Evidence of usual light corrosion around batteries - minor?

Doesn't appear to be a conversion?

ID plate on left side passenger door area states Kunstharzlack 117-9-1

ID plate in boot: Typ 911S F
                            911~~~S66

Engine case number - lower 9011011017R

Interior original - except front seats and parcel shelf recovered. Carpets original though have some patina and wear particularly drivers side. Dash numerous small cracks.

Drivers mirror gemini. Though original mirror available.
                            Engine lid also has one with the ducktail

Numerous leaks to gearbox and motor. Of course old as motor has not run for at least 12 years.,

Any further ideas on the car year value etc? Will have the car on a hoist next week. Jason from Real Steel will look at the car.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X