No announcement yet.

Parts car in Melbourne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuchs on one side, cooky cutters on the other...........the car has a split personality
    Peter Williams #049
    Secretary TYP901
    1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Phil,
      can you cast your eye over the "turd" coloured thing too?
      Where in Melbourne are they?
      Jappy
      MichaelJapp
      71E
      Typ901 #065
      EarlyS #798

Comment

HI all,

just returned from looking at both cars.

A word of warning, anyone bidding on the yellow car on ebay, forget it ! I was surprised it held together when I opened the door. Floors are rusted completely thru, under dash is rusted, and in front trunk area so anyone thinking to use the RHD clip to conert something, forget it. Sills are gone, both doors, both front guards, rear quarters too. Not much that aint rusty and since its sat outside a long time, the interiors are gone too.

Story is they are in a storage unit in Epping, VIC. and the owner skipped thru. They cant even find him an so are selling up the items to reclaim the monies owed. They are duty bound to let the auction run to the end and the numbers are up there already. Apparently they had a call from a guy in London wanting both cars saying he would pay what they wanted to buy them now.
        (where are these buyers when I sell a car ?).

The brown car is a 74 (?) 2.7 CIS with a Sporto. has A/C installed but obviously not working.Car looks reasonable but rust in pass. side A pillar base. Interior is good on this car. Paint on front hood and guards is stuffed badly.

Its probably an OK shell but didnt crawl under it at all. Seller says there are overt 100 watchers on both cars on ebay. Have had plenty of guys out there looking yesterday and today.

Anyone thinking this is a cheap Porsche just doesnt get it. Conservatively, the yellow car would cost $30K + to get the body in some semblence of reasonable shape and even the VIN number has just about rusted away.
        Its a 912 anyway and cant tell if its a 4 or 5 spd 901 box.

I looked at wrecking it but its over $3000 now and the bits are hardly worth that much by the time you take it apart. VIN on yellow car is: 456960

I have detailed pics if anyone is really that interested. Melbourne guys can drive there easily enough.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by e72phil; 28-03-09, 06:30 PM.
        sigpicPhil Lack
        TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
        Early 911-S Registry # 690
        R-Gruppe # 367
        '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
        '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
        2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
        1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

I wouldn't be storing my car there!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcop View Post
            I think this thing is beyond the average joe to fix...
            good call John

Comment

All I see is glass, a couple of fuchs, gauges, maybe some bright-work, and some other odds and ends. But given it's a 912 - I don't reckon there'd be much else (which is just what Phil said).
              John Forcier
              1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
              1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
              Restoration Saga
              1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

The owner of the cars only paid for outside storage hence their deterioration.
                sigpicPhil Lack
                R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

66 car sold for $6500 and the '74 sold for $11,105.00. Gotta love Ebay.

Not sure what either of these guys were thinking but even the VIN number on the 66 was rusted beyond salvage.

Lucky for the big holes in the floor as yesterdays absolute bucketing in melbourne's north would have just flushed straight thru as both the side windows were left open when I last saw it.

And why pay $11,000 for the 74 plain jane Sporto if you dont even know if the engine or trans works ?? There are plenty of G series cars around (especially sportos) that you could drive before you bought it.

There seems to be something about newbies to the porsche scene who think they can fund the works along the way, not realising the total will be well over what a complete running car might have cost in the first place.

I will be very keen to see if the buyer of the 66 car emerges onto our Forum asking for info or advice.

If anyone knows who bought them, find out what they are planning to do with the cars.
                  sigpicPhil Lack
                  R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Very very brave !

Comment

Just crazy!
                      John Forcier
                      1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                      1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                      Restoration Saga
                      1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Working...
                      X