Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group buy feeler - tecnomagnesio wheels

Hi

a couple of us have decided to try and organise a group buy for the tecnomagnesio style wheel. Pictured. We are in discussion with the foundry based in Russia which have previously made this wheel.
    15 x 5.5 inch weight 3.5kg

We are also talking to them about modifying the wheel to suit PCD etc for early 911/912.

Cost for the wide 5 we are hoping to be less than 800 USD per wheel inclusive - though still waiting on final costings form the fondry and shipping agent.
    5 years ago they were selling for $495USD + tax + shipping.

If you have interest in either a wheel for the 356 or 911/912 let me know. We will need around fifty (worldwide) interested people to make it feasible to order a run. Approx 16 people interested so far.

cheers

Michel

Michel, are these the 356 wheels? If so I am interested.
    Alex Webster
    A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

tecnomagnesio

Hi Alex

currently the tooling is set up for 356 wheel 15 x 5.5 inch (wide 5) with an offset measured from the edge of the rim to the mounting face of 157mm and a PCD of 205. I am speaking with the foundry to investigate costing to modify the tooling to enable fitment to both 356c and 911.

Will update as and when this is closer to an order (hopefully). Have now approx 19 people interested.

Currently trying to organise a group buy across a number of 356 forums - please post the info on the Australian 356 registry if you are a member - as this way i am hoping we can get close to the fifty sets needed for the order.

I had thought that if the centre can be cost effectively modified to suit early 911/912, it may broaden the market and make the group buy feasible?

Cheers Michel

Comment

Working...
      X