Fuchs - how much is too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuchs - how much is too much?

How much is too much to pay for a set of 15 x 7 and 15 x 8 Fuchs?
    Attached Files

Depends on what they are...

Original unmolested anodised Fuchs are getting hard to find in those sizes. Also I've personally seen three 8" Fuchs with cracks across the petals and an internet search indicates that some of these wheels are reaching the end of any competition life expectancy.

I think you can expect to pay/ask $300-500 per wheel in those sizes depending on condition/appearance. For perfectly anodised, unblemished RSR style sets, owners seem to ask as much as $5k

Does that help?
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Marty

Last set of every day ones I got were $1250. No kerb rash and original paint finish ish !

Two sets of 6's and 6&7's sold for about $12-1400.00 a set on ebay in the last couple of weeks. But again these wern't perfect.

All of the above only applies to 15", 16" are much cheaper.

I think 6's are selling for more than 7&8's, particularly deep 6's. But there are plenty of wheel anoraks.

Comment

Depends really if you want RS wheels or later wheels as to what price you will pay

73 or earlier will cost you anywhere up to $5k for a set of 7's or 8"s depending on condition and if Harvey Weidman has fixed or re finished them. not really sure what later cost

Deep 6's are all the rage they are over $2500 a set now but they stopped in 71

Can still buy STD 6's for a little over $1000 but then there is the refinishing and shipping ...there goes that bargain!!!
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President
        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

A similar set (not as highly polished) are currently being offered for $2400 with tarmac rally tyres(wear unknown) on PCV site. Does anyone know the weights of 15X7 and 15x8 Fuchs?

Comment

Tiger - if I could get my hands on a set for $1200, I'd be pretty happy too.

The polished wheels in the photo are in the states, by the time they are landed here will cost about $2500 Aus, makes the black rims on the PCV more attractive.
            I like the polished look, but black with polished rims will probably suit the NY taxi just as well, and keep with the RS Replica persona currently on the car.

Comment

marty - what about superlites/minilites? they're a little heavier but at least they are new.

seem to be seeing more and more cracks etc in old fuchs. last set of 8's i had stripped for painting were full of cracks.

Comment

marty - what about superlites/minilites? they're a little heavier but at least they are new.
                After seeing photo's of terry's "new" ST Replica and your blue car I'm inclined to agree. Seems that ST Rep is the new RS Rep, looks like you've started something there Ryan.

Comment

Working...
                X