KYJ 319 for Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KYJ 319 for Sale

The Benz is now (reluctantly) for sale and listed on Carsales under Private Seller/Mercedes/280SE/Victoria. The price is $14,500, but for any TYP901 member a 10% discount applies
    Attached Files
    Peter Williams #049
    Secretary TYP901
    1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

almost had a heart attacl when i saw this...

ok, took my brain a few seconds longer than most people to get from "KYJ" to the "319" to realise it wasn't the real KYJ for sale...
    Richard Griffiths
    1970 911T 2.8

Comment

good luck with the sale peter!
      Richard Griffiths
      1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Having had a recent rip in this car, I can vouch that it is beautiful in every respect.

If I wasn't already looking for room to house the cars I've got I'd be right on this one Peter - Good luck!!
        Marcus
        TYP901 Member #81
        1972 911E

Comment

Thanks Rich and Marcus. Not one phone call yet, but your sentiments are appreciated.

Photo of the car at your PI shack Marcus during 6 hr regularity weekend.
          Attached Files
          Peter Williams #049
          Secretary TYP901

Comment

My grandfather had exactly the same car many years ago. His rego was KGB-??? Ironically his initials, I didn't understand the irony until I was older and knew what the KGB was ! Lovely cars, great smell if I recall. Good luck !

Peter would it make you feel better if I rang and never turned up at the agreed time ?

I also have a friend in Uganda that has always wanted a Mercedes !

Comment

Thanks Tiger..............and similarly I guess I won't understand the irony of "KYJ" until I'm much older

I can't believe the Webster's haven't snapped it up for addition to their modest collection.
              Last edited by MrUpwey; 12-11-09, 12:25 PM.
              Peter Williams #049
              Secretary TYP901

Comment

SOLD...........

.........it will be a very sad day next week when we see her drive out of our driveway for the very last time , however, I am pleased it's going to someone who appears genuinely keen to care for her as we have done for the past 24 years.

As my neighbour remarked last night - "She's served you well for many years and now, as you aren't using her very often, it's time for her to move on to a younger person who can care for her and enjoy her as you have done"

Very nice sentiments, but I wasn't sure if he was talking about the Benz or Julie
                Peter Williams #049
                Secretary TYP901

Comment

well done peter... time to buy another porsche?!?
                  Richard Griffiths
                  1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Going...........going ......................gone.

How spooky is this. The Benz has an analogue clock (similar to the Porsche) which has not stopped in my 24 years of ownership. Yesterday morning just prior to the new owner taking delivery..........it stopped.

I had a new screen fitted, and I'm wondering if in the fitting process an electrical connection was dislodged............or was it something out of the Twilight Zone? Do old cars have feelings?
                    Attached Files
                    Peter Williams #049
                    Secretary TYP901

Comment

Working...
                    X