FS 5 bar Deck Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS 5 bar Deck Grill

Guys, I managed to find myself a very straight and original 1969 3 bar rear deck grill for my car. I'd call it 85-90% and I paid $300 for reference.

So, I have a "20 footer" 5 bar grill available. That is to say it looks good at 20 feet. Unfortunately I bought this grill on spec having been painted black, I was hoping paint stripper would reveal a nice anodised silver grill underneath. Unfortunately the peanut who painted it used some sand paper to 'key' the bars for paint - this has ruined the anodised finish.

Four years ago I spent some time stripping it all down, bar by bar, and polishing. These things are delicate, but it came out okay and pretty straight, most people don't notice it until they're real close and looking for it. I reckon it would be good for a race car or another less cosmetic use...

If you're interested I can take much better photos. I've done a bit of searching on the Birdboard and Early S, and even in sh1tty nick these seem to be getting $150. I'm looking for $100 plus whatever it costs to get it to you.

Cheers
    Attached Files
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Addendum:

I meant to say, that I'm happy to mail it off to members here for examination and if satisfied you can pay me. I don't want anyone disappointed with it.
    John Forcier
    Restoration Saga

Comment

John,
      thanks, i'll take it,
      craig
      Craig
      12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
      1972 2.4E Targa project
      1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Got your PM Craig - it's yours.
        John Forcier
        Restoration Saga

Comment

John can you help me find a 3 bar for my 69......

I'm looking for a straight one too.

Comment

Hey Tiger

I've looked at a few and turned them down due to waves/bends or damage. This one came out of the blue when it's former owner saw me at a club night carrying a plastic one I had for a mate's ducktail.

He'd converted a 69 into a race car some 20 years ago and the grille had been gathering dust ever since, and would I be interested? As soon as I saw it I grabbed it - it really is nice with only slight blemishes and not worth risking restoration. $250-300 USD seems to be the going rate and that's what I offered (I suspect I could have gone a lot cheaper, but that would have been uncool).

I'll keep an eye out for you.
            John Forcier
            Restoration Saga

Comment

Working...
            X