Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB 3 PIN CDI & Heat exchangers

Hi

New motor fired up today for the first time...then promptly died due to kaput CDI unit - does anyone have a spare unit to suit 71 2.2T. Alternately is there any technician still able to rebuild these?

Also still looking for a set of good early exchangers to suit. Then car is ready to be picked up.

Thanks Michel

Michel

An MSD might be a good option if originality is not important.
    Cam Arnott
    Looking for engine #6208151
    1970 911E (Sold)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
    2 x Split Screen Kombis
    TYP 901 Register # 78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Cdi-msd

Cam

in back of mind. However the current work to the car was.. ahem.. a little more than expected so thought if a scond hand unit was avail...?

How long to install an MSD unit and also price and what model would be best for 2.2T street use?

Thanks Michel

Comment

MSD have a rep for being a little temperamental - although some of that is attributed to needing installation exactly as per instructions.

aussie co. M&W have a great rep. a mate has had 2 in his 914/6 for a couple of years with no problems.

M&W Ignitions s the world premiere builder of quality high energy ignition systems. All our products are proudly asembled in Australia using the best Automotive and Mil-Spec components and processes.

Comment

Michel I think I still have the original heat exchangers from my cars if you are still looking? Off to Adelaide next week so can check when I am down there.....
          Cam Arnott
          Looking for engine #6208151
          1970 911E (Sold)
          '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
          2 x Split Screen Kombis
          TYP 901 Register # 78
          Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

thanks Cam

if they are ok and better than mine which now primarily consists of weld let me know

Comment

Michel Ive got a set too, but they are not much chop ! Hard to get off because the holes dont line up. They'll be under the house if you get desperate or need a short term set.

Comment

Thanks Andrew will see what Cam turns up...

Comment

Still looking for heat exchangers - just bought a set and they turned out to be worse than my current pair.....

getting desperate...and not wanting to overspend on my overspend...help

Comment

SSI's and CDI purchased

just bought a set of SSI's from Stan - good trader
                    and a NZ club member gifted a CDI.

Tomorrow the car fires up again and I hope to have the car back in Canberra for 'Wheels' this Saturday

Comment

Working...
                    X