To get a 911 something must go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To get a 911 something must go

I read the sticky on "for sale" rules and this may be in breach, but I noticed a Mercedes previously so I'm hoping for leniency,here goes. I would like to sell this car http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...s=15&silo=1011 so that I will have enough funds together to purchase a car somewhere above the bottom of the barrel. Not that its likely to appeal here but you never know.

Rules??
    Oh, I see only Porsche cars and parts.

Chris, what a wonderful car, a real credit to you.........and an amazing but little known fact is that in it's day it was generally regarded and referred to by vehicle connoisseurs as the "Aussie Porsche" This is clearly evident in the shape of the rear end.

So obviously no rules broken

Best of luck with the sale - especially as it may provide you with the necessary funds to acquire a 901.

.........and I know exactly how you'll feel as it leaves your driveway for the last time.

Peter W
    (former owner of KYJ 319)
    Peter Williams #049
    Secretary TYP901
    1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Oh it appeals alright Chris.. Wonderful resto, well done.

You might notice some performance differences when you step into a 901 though!!
      Marcus
      TYP901 Member #81
      1972 911E

Comment

Welcome aboard Chris and good luck with the sale!
        Cam Arnott
        Looking for engine #6208151
        1970 911E (Sold)
        '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
        2 x Split Screen Kombis
        TYP 901 Register # 78
        Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Hi Chris,

The car is an absolute credit to you, well done.

I had an XP convertible for 20 years and regret letting it go - selling it seemed to be a much better idea at the time....!

I reluctantly purchased an FJ and had it painted bright RED for a Redback Beer promotion many years ago. I felt sick with guilt when buying it from it's loving owner only to tart it up for a beer competition, but at least yours looks more likely to land in the hands of a collector.
          Good Luck with the sale.
          Tom
          Tom Walstab
          Member #142
          911L Silver 1968
          911T Colour? 1969 Work in progress
          928GTS Iris Blue 1995
          911 997 Targa 4S Black
          Ford Ranger 4x4 Silver
          Arrow 125cc Rotax GoKart

Comment

The FJ has been sold and so perhaps I should revise the thread heading to "911 Wanted". I have recently blown over $600 on a PPI on a car in the UK (car was no good) and for what its worth the company Peter Morgan Consulting were way more helpful before they got my money than they were after. Ther are a number of cars for sale privately around Australia, is it fair to assume that if they have been advertised for a while ,which most of them seem to have been,that people from this board may have seen them and be able to offer opinions? One thing I have noticed is that these cars seem to be the most misrepresented as often only in the last line of an advert for a 1972 911T will the owner disclose that by the way it is actually a 1969 912 that I have upgraded. Though I think the current one takes the cake http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...d=127D95DA44B0

Comment

9er, sorry to hear you've had a bad run.

In 2000 when I began my search I looked at 9 cars with only 2 good enough to pursue - and I bought one of them

The truth is this site puts you in contact with some real Porsche anoraks! If you find something you like, don't hesitate to ask the board and if it's a Brisbane car; I'm more than happy to take a look and kick tires

I wouldn't write off private cars that have been for sale for a while as there could be a few reasons such as - car was originally over priced, it's slipped under the radar (Andrew Begg has found at least two of these), poo colour, too far for buyers to travel etc...

I think the key is to get in early and know exactly what you want. Also be prepared to compromise (depending on your budget), consider a sporto transmission/LHD/RHD conversion/lack of or unknown history/poo colour, or a car that needs work.

Good luck
              John Forcier
              1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
              1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
              Restoration Saga
              1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

9er - with the sale of the FJ you've at least started your 911 journey. What sort of 911 are you looking for? Small bumper, big bumper?

Comment

9er, cars are around but definitely harder to find.

Fishcop, Ryan actually found mine.... I was just lucky enough to have the time and $ to get them.

Back to finding a car... 9er, I would consider a cheaper compromise car, as a first car if your budget is limited. Perhaps a converted car and or car with incorrect motor and gearbox. You might actually enjoy it more and learn from there. As John suggested, ask this board and premise your questions with this post. Or continue this post as you find them.

Given your previous car knowledge I'm sure it will be pretty straight forward, they are straight forward and beautifully designed cars. Tell us the details and we might be able to help

Good luck, Andy

Comment

I saw your car for sale one night while trolling Car Sales.com not surprised it sold..looks magnificent.

Be assured if you plan to get a Porsche back in to that condition you will need a much fatter wallet and as I know its a disease so you won't be able to help yourself.

Have you decided exactly what model/year you want and what features you want it to have??

Clyde
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President
                    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Cheers guys my head says buy an '86 3.2 Carrera but my heart is pulling me toward something more like a 1972 E coupe. It is looking to me that for what I plan to spend the 72E would have to be LHD. Early indications maybe could land a "good one"?? sourced from USA for 40k to 45k AUD

Comment

Have you considered a 912?
                        John Forcier
                        1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                        1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                        Restoration Saga
                        1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

I didnt mean to narrow it down too much though, something like this http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...condition.html or another that looks too good to be true http://www.wholesalecalifornia.com/h..._red_911e.html would be good and within budget but of course LHD

Comment

I have John, and have all but ruled it out.

Comment

whilst i don't think G series cars quite have the early car aesthetic - they have bulletproof motors, can be lightened significantly and can be made to look pretty sharp to boot.

i'd aim for an (unleaded) 84 or 85 model for the extra grunt. if possible, get a wide bodied car and add one piece bumpers for an SC/RS look.

Comment

Working...
                              X