WTB Carrera style tail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB Carrera style tail

Looking for a genuine "with rubber" Carrera style tail it should look something like this dont need the lid just the spoiler.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Further to this I am now getting a bit confused as to what the rear spoiler should actually be, any advice greatly appreciated.

Comment

The spoiler looks alright but the lid doesn't look like mine or any other carrera 3 that I have seen.
      GroupS 76 3.0 Carrera http://typ901.org/showthread.php?t=4220

Comment

Originally posted by hmd View Post
        The spoiler looks alright but the lid doesn't look like mine or any other carrera 3 that I have seen.
        Here's a pic.
        Attached Files

Comment

I have a brand new never fitted spoiler and rubber lip which I would love to sell exactly what year did you want this to be for as mine is for 74/75 and beyond if they didn't change them...a fact I am unsure of!!!

Mine looks identical to the green machine
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President
          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

the 74/75 type tail is more in keeping with the Carrera 3's, and I believe they fit.

The spoiler in the top picture looks like an 80's 3.2 Carrera tail.

The spoiler on the green car is a 3.0litre Turbo type one, as fitted to Carrera 2.7's, and 3.0 litre Turbos (1974 -77)

Most of the Carrera 3's had full rubber tails fitted (mine did). They didn't look as good as the 3.0litre Turbo tails, and most have now been changed.

So 9er, perhaps you should try and do a deal with Clyde on his tail.
            Justin Reed
            aka Reedminor
            1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
            1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
            1961 356B #114700
            Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Originally posted by reedminor View Post
              So 9er, perhaps you should try and do a deal with Clyde on his tail.
              I am going to get in before mr upwey and say that sounds nasty!
              Richard Griffiths
              1970 911T 2.8

Comment

That all sounds good, I am being told though that the Carrera 3 spoiler was part of the engine lid. i.e. all moulded in one piece (obviously meaning the engine lid would be fibreglass) and that the only seperate piece is the rubber lip? So what I need to purchase is the engine lid/spoiler and a rubber lip?

Comment

Agreed, the one Clyde has would be nicer. I understood that the AU delivered 3.0 Carreras came with the very heavy 'all rubber' tails for ADR compliance at the time.
                  John Forcier
                  1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                  1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                  Restoration Saga
                  1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcop View Post
                    Agreed, the one Clyde has would be nicer. I understood that the AU delivered 3.0 Carreras came with the very heavy 'all rubber' tails for ADR compliance at the time.
                    I don't know anything about Aus delivered cars, but here is a scanned UK porsche brochure. From Carrera 3 registry site http://911carrera3.co.uk/new_literature.php
                    Attached Files

Comment

from what I know, the early 930 Turbo spoiler is the same as the Carrera 3.0 litre spoilier. We had a 77 Turbo and it is the same as the same year Turbo.
                      Alex Webster
                      A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

I think all that means I have what you want a full lid/spoiler with rubber extension. It was acquired when I bought a 2.7, 74 Carrera and has been in my garage roof ever since

Yes it is fibreglass and has the outer rubber extension plus the inner tin plate all in porsche green undercoat with part numbers.

Can't be bought new any more and I nearly fell over when the last new price was advised a couple of years ago.

So if this is what you want get in touch its just taking up space and I will never need it and I am doing some clearing of parts since selling the RS Carrera and had almost forgotten I had this.
                        Last edited by Terminator; 03-05-10, 11:24 PM.
                        Clyde Boyer
                        TYP 901 Register Inc.
                        President
                        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally they were all rubber. Mine had one, and a lot of the Carrera 3's ciculating in the mid 90's still had them.

The 3.0 litre Turbo tails do fit (my old car now has one), and in my view they look much better.
                          Justin Reed
                          aka Reedminor
                          1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                          1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                          1961 356B #114700
                          Instagram: reedminor

Comment

The INTERNET must be right.

Here's my take, all Aus delivered C3 has full rubber tail.
                            Some of the euro and UK cars had fibre glass with rubber lip.
                            Apparently it is a dealer fitted option so it stands to reason there were a variant of tails on the C3.

9er your car is not aus delivered so fit whatever tail you like
                            Attached Files

Comment

Oooh, dont like the all rubber ! my 2c worth. Then I'm not really a rubber man !

Comment

Working...
                              X