Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB - SSI's

Hi

This is a long shot I'm sure, but I'm looking for SSI's (or even a very clean pair of steel exchangers , I could have coated)

Plus a 2 in 2 out sport style muffler or 2 in 1 out

thanks

Shane

Shane if you have the $$ I would go for a Cairns muffler - well worth the expense.

Did you end up finding a 3.0?
    Cam Arnott
    Looking for engine #6208151
    1970 911E (Sold)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
    2 x Split Screen Kombis
    TYP 901 Register # 78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Ahhh just seen you other post...
      Cam Arnott
      Looking for engine #6208151
      1970 911E (Sold)
      '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
      2 x Split Screen Kombis
      TYP 901 Register # 78
      Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Cam , yes I found a brilliant 3.0L 930/08 engine , basically a 1980 JAPAN delivered car 180ish HP CIS... its coming out of a collectors car in NZ , who has decided to track his coupe with a 3.6 l conversion.

leakdown was 1% , 2%, 1%, 3% 1% 2% respectivel with a documented 78,000 ks (very low) the card spent years in a collection with exotic Lambo's Ferraris, Porsches etc and was maintained well.

The last owner has had it 2 years and maintained it through a Porsche racing expert in NZ.... tracked it a few times, he removed the exchangers and put on a straight through system still using the CIS.

It should arrive in a week or so.

My view at this point is keep the CIS (it is running very well), potentially place the stock exchangers and banana back on or,

go down the SSI / (I guess I could use my carby exchangers) dual out world for a few more HP's and sound...

just working through the options.

It came with the flywheel and 6 pin CDI, so really its only the exhaust..

I also need to source , new engine mounts and a sound pad, as a while I'm in there thing.

cheers Cam

I'll look at the Cairns , I think I remember a thread somewhere???

Comment

Working...
        X