Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this car a Typ901 member

If not does anyone know this car ?

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?__Qpb=true&R=9058988&keywords=&trecs= 1005&__sid=11E48D12AD44&__Ns=pCar_YearMade_Int32|0 ||pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|0& __No=15&__Nne=15&Cr=11&seot=1&__N=1216%201246%2012 47%201252%201282%204294963765&silo=1011

Thanks Andrew

Pretty sure thats a yes Andy
    Cam Arnott
    Looking for engine #6208151
    1970 911E (Sold)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
    2 x Split Screen Kombis
    TYP 901 Register # 78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

I think Garnett is still a TYP901 member, he also has his pristine 912 for sale on Carsales
      Craig Sedgman
      914/6 GT Clone Project
      996 C2.1

Comment

Its a cheap '72, even if its a Targa
        sigpicPhil Lack
        TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
        Early 911-S Registry # 690
        R-Gruppe # 367
        '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
        '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
        2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
        1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

A Sporto with 3 pedals?
          Marcus
          TYP901 Member #81
          1972 911E

Comment

I think the sporto reference must be an error. This may have been the car I looked at about 4-5 years ago. I noticed it in the car park of a hotel in Brighton and left my details on the windscreen. I think the car originally belonged to a Doctor in Adelaide. When I went to look at it I noticed it was a bit tired looking. At the time it needed a respray. I don't know why there are 2 side view mirrors - possibly US import?
            Paul

Targa 2.4E Signal Yellow

Comment

I see this car regularly on the Esplanade & Beach Road. It's an eye catcher.
              Costas
              95 993 Carrera Coupe
              & a lesser 14 Audi A6 Quattro 3.0L TDI bi turbo (Daily Drive)

Comment

It's definitely the one I looked at a few years ago. It's a German import, converted in Adelaide. I recall some of the panels have varying tones from different paint jobs, you can see this from one of the pictures taken of the rear, and the interior is tired looking. $35K? Add $25K for respray and interior?
                Paul

Targa 2.4E Signal Yellow

Comment

Yes it is for sale on carsales for 35K.
                  Yes it is a German import (funny about that).
                  Yes it was converted in Adelaide.
                  Yes it need work if you are looking for a perfect car.

Or you can buy my 912 which is perfect and is also from Germany...

Comment

Porsches from Germany....now there is an odd concept
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President
                    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

This was my first 911. I bought it in Adelaide from a classic car dealer who has now gone bust. I did a lot of work on it over the 3-4 years I owned it. It was a german car imported by an adelaide footballer and had service history going back a long way over its life. I had a small accident in it when I lived in sydney and replaced the front gaurds and bonnet, and front bumper and had some rust fixed in the tub.

I did the a couple of rallies and some club stuff in it. It was a little rough but good fun for my first dip into 911 ownership. The conversion was a cut the dash back in those days and hence there was some issues with the steering rack. A RHD rack was installed and improved the car.

I don't think it will ever be a perfect 911 but when I owned it was a good honest well looked after car that was a conversion, and as such priced so.

Best I can do to give some insight!!

Comment

Working...
                      X