Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wtb Cis

Hi guys,

Any leads on a complete CIS system would be greatly appreciated....

1980 - 1983 (I think)

cheers

Shane

Bugger. I gave a whole system away on eBay for the price of shipping... only to be abused by the recipient because the pop-off valve was broken!

Lots of these have been removed, there should be a few around and I wouldn't pay more than a few hundred $$.
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Thanks John ,

I hope so , The engine I bought has a 930/08 and Japanese which has frustrated my mechanic as it has other O2 / and fuel enrichment stuff on there he is not happy with trying to bypass.

I can't afford 46 Weber / PMO and he is not happy with putting the Zeniths on (although I have read it can be succesful quite easily)...

I'm trying to keep the costs down as the shipping cost me another $1500 aud (as they deem it a complete engine and not a part so duty was payable )

fingers crossed...

It is becoming hard...

Shane

Comment

Shane, Weber 40's are probably the best option for a 3.0l which will be mainly driven on the street. They're all over ebay, pretty easy to set up and by the time you buy the CIS and get it sorted, will end up being cheaper. Lots of info on the bird board about this conversion.
        Cheers
        Paul Wischer
        1969 911T
        1979 Californian Moke
        TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

Paul,

Thanks and read the Bird Board and several occasions , was trying to keep the costs down and an unwanted CIS would be 200 - 500 and the Weber option is really minimum $2000 aud (in reasonable nic) .. p.lus set up and installation.

Interestingly, Zeniths 40 have been used on a a few occasions and I have them currently on the T.

If I cannot find a CIS that is reasonable and the Mechanic is unwilling to put the Zeniths on then I'll have a crack at it myself.

OR - anyone who wishes to donate a set of PMO 46's to the cause ???

here is hoping Paul.

Shane

Comment

I'm with Paul, an unmodified 3.0 will set up fine on weber 40's... $1000 should get you a set and another couple of hundred for 34mm venturis (which you can machine up from 27mm originals), jets/emulsions/air correctors and much less of your mechanic's time.

Having said that, I've no doubt you'll find a SC CIS set-up around Sydney somewhere...
            John Forcier
            Restoration Saga

Comment

Webers will probably nett you a power increase as well, though it's probably not a big deal given the added power the upgrade's going to yield anyway. My understanding is that on a stock 3.0 46's will compromise drivability (torque), though are ideal if you plan on spending lots of time at WOT. John's right on what it'll cost you to put on some Webers, could be worth keeping an eye out for some.
              Paul Wischer
              1969 911T
              1979 Californian Moke
              TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

Shane, isnt this car going to be a daily driver in city traffic ? If so, CIS will make it very driveable and economical .

Keep trying.
                sigpicPhil Lack
                TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                Early 911-S Registry # 690
                R-Gruppe # 367
                '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Yes Phil,,

I put about 5000 miles on the car a year and its drivin basically 5 times a week.

The Zeniths have been outstanding and have never once caused any grief. I know there is a economical benefit from the CIS , but to be frank I never get the economical arguement / discussion on this board... they are a sposrt car for goodness sake... its all about the pleasure... anyone doing the MPG calculation should buy a Prius for fun.

Wanting the CIS is purely a cost perspective for me at the moment, although I do hear Puals wsidom on getting the CIS sorted vs the cost of Webers....

Unfortunately the Webers for $1000 AUD are not falling out of the sky , nor is the money from me to support it. So CIS it is for the minute.

Cheers and thanks to all for the responses and suggestions..

If it all get too hard there is a 77000 k 3.0 l engine in the garage to sell..
                  Shane

Comment

And I will spell check in the future

Comment

Gents , the search continues..

Comment

There's probably 2k AU in those before they're working right on a 3.0 You could definitely sit off a set already set up for 3.0 on US ebay as they do come up occasionally.
                        John Forcier
                        Restoration Saga

Comment

Shane - have you called up any of the independant garages we all go to?

Might be one or two sitting on shelves that have come off customer cars....
                          Cam Arnott
                          Looking for engine #6208151
                          1970 911E (Sold)
                          '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
                          2 x Split Screen Kombis
                          TYP 901 Register # 78
                          Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Cheers Doug, will keep an eye on them,

John - agreed but worth monitoring,

Yes Cam made alot of calls in the last week... really nothing about ...I have an offer of Webers at $2300 from a reputable guy.... just considering at the minute.

Shane

Comment

Working...
                            X