WTB – Oil Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB – Oil Lines

Installing a front cooler in my car and need the plumbing. I’m after hard lines from the thermostat to the cooler (x2) as well as the engine crossover and tank to thermostat pipe. This will be in the ‘later’ configuration with the thermostat in the wheel well. Must in excellent condition.
    Thanks
    Paul Wischer
    1969 911T
    1979 Californian Moke
    TYP 901 Register Member #77

Hi Paul, I'm doing exactly the same thing (sorry, nothing spare to pass on). I though I'd just flag that our '69 shells don't have the recess in the wheel well like the later cars... this apparently means we could have some issues with tyre rub against the oil lines in the well. It generally means custom lines running high up in the well, I've also got one of the flat Mocal thermostats just in case.
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Hi John, I hoping that along with the differences in the fitting sizes to the oil tank are the only things to look out for. Think I'll end up sourcing the high clearance lines from elephant racing, state side. Want to get as many of the lines locally as I can, to stay under the magical $1000 limit. Already have a standard thermostat and Carrera cooler with fan that I've done the BMW thermo switch mod on.
      Paul Wischer
      1969 911T
      1979 Californian Moke

Comment

paul,

try glen74rs on Pelican, he is Qld based and parts out the occasional 911, i purchased just these parts from him about 18 months ago,

regards,
        Craig
        12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
        1972 2.4E Targa project
        1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Try elephant racing they have finned oil lines in 2 styles one copy of Porsche other to run high to avoid rubbing.

Won't keep under a $1000 though in true Porsche fashion.
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President
          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Thanks Craig I'll drop him a line.

The whole set-up from elephant runs to about $1400 plus a couple of hundred for delivery. Going to get the 'high access' lines from them along with a couple of other bits and pieces.
            Paul Wischer
            1969 911T
            1979 Californian Moke

Comment

Mine were installed not knowing the 69 problem outlined above. I now have tyre rub ! Do I just need the two special ones in the wheel well?

Couldnt I just get them made out of hose at Pirtek or similar ? as it's for the race car ??

Comment

Andy, pretty sure you could use a local solution and run the lines high. The Elephant product apart from being functional, is asthetically pleasing... But honestly - who looks?

Quiet Clyde!
                John Forcier
                Restoration Saga

Comment

Don't know what it costs to have them made but they're not that expensive from Elephant. Have a quote from Chuck in front of me now and it's $400 for both lines plus some shipping.
                  Paul Wischer
                  1969 911T
                  1979 Californian Moke

Comment

I think Andrew's suggestion of using a Pirtek or similar custom application would come in at half of Elephants (I had them do all new lines when I was running a sporto and they did a good job) - however for your application it would not be apples and apples. The Pirtek lines would likely be soft and 'un-factory looking'. I think I'd lean towards the Elephants as well...

I am actively trying to find suitable brass tube in reasonable length to have a go, but not having much luck.
                    John Forcier
                    Restoration Saga

Comment

Originally posted by Paul W View Post
                      Don't know what it costs to have them made but they're not that expensive from Elephant. Have a quote from Chuck in front of me now and it's $400 for both lines plus some shipping.
                      Each or per line??
                      Clyde Boyer
                      TYP 901 Register Inc.
                      President
                      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Both, though in typical 'Porsche shopping' fashion I'm still struggling to keep the order under a grand
                        Paul Wischer
                        1969 911T
                        1979 Californian Moke

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcop View Post
                          I think Andrew's suggestion of using a Pirtek or similar custom application would come in at half of Elephants (I had them do all new lines when I was running a sporto and they did a good job) - however for your application it would not be apples and apples. The Pirtek lines would likely be soft and 'un-factory looking'. I think I'd lean towards the Elephants as well...

I am actively trying to find suitable brass tube in reasonable length to have a go, but not having much luck.
                          John you still looking for metal suppliers? http://www.farleybrass.com.au/services.html These guys may have what you are looking for - also finned copper... just like Elephant racing.. they and another company in Sydney can provide suitable lengths in the qty wanted - not much.
                          Last edited by Michel; 21-10-11, 03:47 PM. Reason: tipo

Comment

Originally posted by Michel View Post
                            John you still looking for metal suppliers? http://www.farleybrass.com.au/services.html These guys may have what you are looking for - also finned copper... just like Elephant racing.. they and another company in Sydney can provide suitable lengths in the qty wanted - not much.
                            Nice find. I'll make some enquiries...
                            John Forcier
                            Restoration Saga

Comment

Working...
                            X